Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

need recommended insurance carrier for my 2007 vlx

bu2007vlx

Added a policy for my '07 VLX with Pemco, where I also have car and homeowners. Stated value, $1000 deduct I am paying $375 per year AND then got additonal discounts on all my cars as well.

That's not fair!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bobby Light

• Arkid

• BlastRlxi

• CLOUT1

Go with AAA!

$500,000 Liability coverage.

$500,000 Uninsured boaters coverage.

These are both medical incase of serious injury, so I don't lose my house!

$30,000 Watercarft Physical damage.

$1500 Personal effects.

$1500 Electronic Equipment.

$250 Deductable.

$528 Premium per year.

Skisafe

$300K Liability/Uninsured boater

120% agreed value first 4 years to replace

100% agreed value after 4 years to replace

$2500 personal effects

$2500 electronics

$500 deductable

$351/year

You're coverages don't even compete with what some of us have.

I didn't realise it was a competition ??? Dontknow.gif

From the numbers you posted it looks like you have 30K coverage on your boat.

That is what my boat is worth. Should I have it insured for $60,000 instead? Crazy.gif

$1500 for personal effects, that will cover my wakeboards and surfboard, $1500 for electronic equipment ok that will cover my subs.

Next time you have your boards and subs on MY boat i'll make sure I upgrade my policy. :Doh:

What an a*@hole. :biteme:

Be sure your umbrella carrier OK's your liability limits!

There is a lot of "concern" about replacement value being important, but it should not be given the same "weight" as the ability to purchase high liability and UB/UIM limits. Sounds like most are concerned that they will be able to get a new boat, as opposed to protecting others and themselves from someone else's carelessness. Thats a shame.

We use USAA...they are one of the best Insurance companies to do business with. Premiums being about the same...I would suggest calling them up and spending 5 minutes on the phone with them, if you like a particular one, run with it!!!

USAA is not doing boats any longer. They run them all through Progressive now. That being said, I am paying $650 for an 2007 Response LXI. Does that seem high?

Is this only in Florida due to hurricanes? Haven't heard this and I've had a boat policy with USAA for many years. They may use Progressive or someone else as an underwriter but they will service the policy, which is the most important. You can't beat USAA for service.

I called USAA 3 weeks ago to get new boat insurance (I'm in Texas), and they said they are now "partnered" with Progressive on boat insurance, but that Progressive was the underwriter. I suspect they have underlying contracts between them that require Progressive to meet USAA standards for service. I don't know that for a fact, but I can't believe that USAA would partner with another carrier in a willy, nilly manner. Then have been great to us for the last 10 years.

Edited by jjackkrash

Isn't USAA for Active Military and Veterans only?

I have mine through Wolverine Mutual (Endorsement on homeowners)...stated value, 500k liability, 1500 unattached equipment and personal effects, $385/yr with $1000 deductible.

Is there any disadvantage to doing this through homeowners? The coverage looks all the same and it's on one bill.

Be sure your umbrella carrier OK's your liability limits!

There is a lot of "concern" about replacement value being important, but it should not be given the same "weight" as the ability to purchase high liability and UB/UIM limits. Sounds like most are concerned that they will be able to get a new boat, as opposed to protecting others and themselves from someone else's carelessness. Thats a shame.

Yep, that's why I went with the half mil incase, god forbid, there's an unfortunate accident with a boat full of people.

I have mine through Wolverine Mutual (Endorsement on homeowners)...stated value, 500k liability, 1500 unattached equipment and personal effects, $385/yr with $1000 deductible.

Is there any disadvantage to doing this through homeowners? The coverage looks all the same and it's on one bill.

Some people will say that you run the risk of having your home owners cancelled if you have too many boat claims....but as JohnDoe indicates, the bigger concern should be over liability coverage, and I believe there's advantages w/ respect to total liablity coverage + umbrella if you have them on the same policy. I believe (but could be wrong) that some umbrella policies will require that boat coverage is part of homeowners.

Edited by Addictedto6

Yes, USAA is for active military and veterans only.

99% true...active military and veterans and THIER FAMILIES!!!!! My father was in the service thus...it can be passed down. I use USAA for everything, they are one of the best companies to deal with. I also have policies for my two girls...when they get married or become "of age" I will sign the policies over to them and they can use USAA.

99% true...active military and veterans and THIER FAMILIES!!!!! My father was in the service thus...it can be passed down. I use USAA for everything, they are one of the best companies to deal with. I also have policies for my two girls...when they get married or become "of age" I will sign the policies over to them and they can use USAA.

You are correct. It is something I will pass down to my daughters as well. I was always told that once you join USAA, never leave.

I just switched from Westmar to Progressive. A couple of things I like about Progressive was that your deductible goes down every year, and they have a full replacement coverage.

Go with AAA!

$1500 Personal effects.

$250 Deductable.

$528 Premium per year.

Considering a Sky Ski is $1700.00 bucks, $1500.00 doesn't sound like much for personal effects. Dontknow.gif

You're coverages don't even compete with what some of us have.

I didn't realise it was a competition ??? Dontknow.gif

From the numbers you posted it looks like you have 30K coverage on your boat.

That is what my boat is worth. Should I have it insured for $60,000 instead? Crazy.gif

$1500 for personal effects, that will cover my wakeboards and surfboard, $1500 for electronic equipment ok that will cover my subs.

Next time you have your boards and subs on MY boat i'll make sure I upgrade my policy. :Doh:

What an a*@hole. :biteme:

Little little man. I was actually giving you some credit on how much your boat was worth, doubt you could replace it for 30K. Instead of getting all butt hurt and defensive maybe you should call up you're insurance company and ask them why they are bending you over. By the way it's pretty easy to sit behind a keyboard and talk that $hit, shows what a punk you are.

Little little man. I was actually giving you some credit on how much your boat was worth, doubt you could replace it for 30K. Instead of getting all butt hurt and defensive maybe you should call up you're insurance company and ask them why they are bending you over. By the way it's pretty easy to sit behind a keyboard and talk that $hit, shows what a punk you are.

Wow, you're scary!

Anyway, sticking your chest out and trying to prove how much better your stuff is to other peoples stuff really shows you are obviously over compensating for the "little little man" that you are.

Go with AAA!

$1500 Personal effects.

$250 Deductable.

$528 Premium per year.

Considering a Sky Ski is $1700.00 bucks, $1500.00 doesn't sound like much for personal effects. Dontknow.gif

I'm not sure why everyone keeps replying to my post wondering why my insurance doesn't cover their equipment. Dontknow.gif

Ok. I don't have a Sky Ski. If I had one I would up my personal effects coverage. These aren't set in stone and you can adjust them individually.

Honestly, i'm more bothered about paying for hospital bills if someone is injured rather than replacing a wakeboard or stereo.

WOW...all this activity and a few unkind words over insurance?!?!?!?! Yeah, well I've got a valuable items policy too so there...nana nana na na!!!!!!!!!!! Lame.gifCrazy.gif

WOW...all this activity and a few unkind words over insurance?!?!?!?! Yeah, well I've got a valuable items policy too so there...nana nana na na!!!!!!!!!!! Lame.gifCrazy.gif

Insurance will do that to you. It's a funny thing.

You hate to pay for it.

You always pay too much for it.

When you need it, you hesitate to use it because "They" will raise your rates.

When you do use it, you feel like you "stuck it to the man!"

Then you get your revised, higher premium statement.

You hate to pay for it.

Wow, you're scary!

Anyway, sticking your chest out and trying to prove how much better your stuff is to other peoples stuff really shows you are obviously over compensating for the "little little man" that you are.

ROFL.gif

Cool scary when I wasn't even trying to be. I wasn't saying anything about my stuff being better, why don't you re-read the post retard. Are you really this stupid? Go ahead and re-read my original post very s l o w l y, I said you're belongings are underinsured when you were braging how great AAA was. You are obviously very sensitive on the subject, possibly because you're paying to much Dontknow.gif

Wow, you're scary!

ROFL.gif

Cool scary when I wasn't even trying to be. I wasn't saying anything about my stuff being better, why don't you re-read the post retard. Are you really this stupid? Go ahead and re-read my original post very s l o w l y, I said you're belongings are underinsured when you were braging how great AAA was. You are obviously very sensitive on the subject, possibly because you're paying to much Dontknow.gif

Yawn!