Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Blinded by the light

lake-nazi

I have a 2006 Response Lxi. The shiniest chrome they could possibly find surrounds the gages on the dash. I love the look but depending on the sun it flashes a laser piercing blindness from it that is irritating. I am looking for suggestions. I am assuming this is chrome plastic and not metal. I have considered taking it to someone for a brushed finish. I just need to tone it down. Thoughts?..............

I have a 2006 Response Lxi. The shiniest chrome they could possibly find surrounds the gages on the dash. I love the look but depending on the sun it flashes a laser piercing blindness from it that is irritating. I am looking for suggestions. I am assuming this is chrome plastic and not metal. I have considered taking it to someone for a brushed finish. I just need to tone it down. Thoughts?..............

ya it does look great but it can shine the rays at you and can be a hastle for upkeep. if it would jus t be brushed aluminum like the back of it is. i took mine off last week and i noticed that the back is brushed aluminum. the chroome does not go all the way around. Thumbup.gif