Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

07 Boat Cover.. what one did you get? Like it?

wakecrashin

Ordering an 07' and was wondring what the concensus was on the boat covers. One is a CS TRailerable and the other is the sunbrella with strpas that hook to the trailer. Which one did you get like? Does it trailer well?

I have the one that straps to the trailer. I absolutely will not use it while I'm driving. I did it once and it left three rub marks on my gelcoat. Never again. But it works well in storage or when parked. Get the strapless. Its worth the extra $$

Order one from Cory at Covercrafts. I have one and love it. Great customer service also. I had a fitting issue when I got mine, but Cory sent me out a new one and paid for me to ship the old one back once I got my new one. Couldn't ask for better quicker service

Ordering an 07' and was wondring what the concensus was on the boat covers. One is a CS TRailerable and the other is the sunbrella with strpas that hook to the trailer. Which one did you get like? Does it trailer well?

The CS trailerable cover is a nice looking cover. It is strapless, fits tight and seems to be reinforced in all the right places. I've seen them on a few different models, and they all had really nice fit. I don't have one, or even a boat to put it on, so I couldn't tell you how well they tow.

I don't care for the Comercial Sewing version because of the material they use. IMHO Sunbrella is the best choice for marine canvas, so I would consider that essential for a cover.

If you don't trailer with your cover on and just want something for storage the Sunbrella option from your dealer is a good one. If you're looking for a cover you can trailer with, get one from Covercrafts. They fit the best, and won't damage your boat.

I have the CS Trailerable cover and generally like it. The material is very good and the vents are great. My only issue is that it has 2 ratchets (??) that are used to tension the nylon strap tight around the hull. I find them cumbersome, especially to untension, and fear that the youngins (12 - 16 year olds) who usually cover and uncover the boat for me will not be able to figure it out.

An important distinction about how I use the boat & cover is that it sits on a lift at my dock and I use the cover more as a mooring cover. So, the tension thing is not as important for me until I need to trailer it back to the dealer.

Anyone have suggestions for different tensioning devices? Should I simply replace the nylon straps with a rope like the Sunbrella covers have?

I have the CS Trailerable cover and generally like it. My only issue is that it has 2 ratchets (??) that are used to tension the nylon strap tight around the hull. I find them cumbersome, especially to untension, and fear that the youngins (12 - 16 year olds) who usually cover and uncover the boat for me will not be able to figure it out.

Plus1.gif I agree totally. In addition to your issues, these metal ratchets also lay dangerously close to the gelcoat, are heavy, and can easily scratch up the stern if you are not extremely careful--overall not the best design. Anyone devised a way to make sure they stay off the gelcoat?

I second the CoverCrafts recommendation. I had Corey make one for me last year, and I have really been pleased. It fits great and looks terrific.

I ordered the Rankin cover with my new boat; I can't imagine a nicer cover. Zipper cut outs for the illusion tower, precise fit, extra cushioning on corners and other areas, and no straps to the trailer which others have mentioned are a disaster on the highway. I don't use it much, just on highway to water far away, once or twice a year, but an excellent cover for that is important.

I ordered the Rankin cover with my new boat; I can't imagine a nicer cover. Zipper cut outs for the illusion tower, precise fit, extra cushioning on corners and other areas, and no straps to the trailer which others have mentioned are a disaster on the highway. I don't use it much, just on highway to water far away, once or twice a year, but an excellent cover for that is important.

Yep, that's what we have too.....SUPER nice cover - says "MALIUBU BOATS" on it, perfect fit and it rides well down the highway....it suctions on with no flapping in the wind.

I have the CS Trailerable cover and generally like it. My only issue is that it has 2 ratchets (??) that are used to tension the nylon strap tight around the hull. I find them cumbersome, especially to untension, and fear that the youngins (12 - 16 year olds) who usually cover and uncover the boat for me will not be able to figure it out.

Plus1.gif I agree totally. In addition to your issues, these metal ratchets also lay dangerously close to the gelcoat, are heavy, and can easily scratch up the stern if you are not extremely careful--overall not the best design. Anyone devised a way to make sure they stay off the gelcoat?

Ok, ours is like this.....I thought it was a Rankin, but maybe not.....anyway, The rachet is at the rear and it is enclosed in a bag, so it never touches the gelcoat....only if you open the rachet alot and let it hang out of the bag, which we don't do....keep it in snug and undo it just enough to get the cover off....there are also snap clips at each side by the base of the tower, which when released gives you enough to get the cover on and off. The rachet bag zips closed too, so that it can fall out and hit the gelcoat.

The stretchy part of a pair of gym socks, is what I use

I have the trailable one with the ratchet in the back. It never touches the gel if you keep it inside the flap. It's the best cover I've ever had. The only gripe I have is during the winter with the poles in the cover, it lets a little water in around the tower.

Anyone interested in doing a volume pricing order for a covercraft cover? I believe you have to order 4 at one time. Does anyone know what the discount is?

Thread about Covercraft Boat Covers

In that thread is his e-mail: [email protected]

Their website site is listed in that thread as www dot covercrafts dot com but that doesn't bring up a website currently. Maybe Cory will see this thread and respond.

Hi everyone,

My website is currently getting a face lift. My email is [email protected] or you can always PM me. If you'd like to talk to me 425)478-2043.