Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

????? My boat has 0 hrs now?????

I have had my new VTX for about a month now and I have only put about three hours on it so far(crappy weather). I went out to it today and pulled the cover off and was listening to some tunes,just dinkin' around and decide to turn the ignition to the on position to see just how many hrs were on it. I waited the normal wait for thje cluster to cycle and then the time came up,(it was correct),, but it said 00.0.00 hrs on the meter????. Shortly after a message was flashing on the cluster.. NO ECM DATA FOR 25 seconds. I then bumped the starter to see if it would sart,it did.

I tried to go into diagnostics mode, but it won't communicate. What now???

Anybody know what wires are for the bus lines from cluster to ecm? I am thinking it's a communication issue,not sure. The boat is not in the water so I don't know how it will perform.

Just to let everyone know I was able to figure out what was causing this. I ended up talking with a tech at my dealership, he then contacted Malibu with what I had described as the problem. He returned my call and told me that they have (MALIBU) has been seing some problems like this caused by the mmcm, (the module that controls the gauges/cruise). They pulled one off a stock unit and gave it to me. I installed it and BANG! That took care of it. I am now back to 2.7 hrs. Thumbup.gif:Doh: A big Thanks to John at BridgeCity.