Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

rear ballast sack recommendations

hyperlitenerd

Well one the plugs in our starboard rear tank popped off today!! Not quite sure how, but I took the tank out so we could put a new one in. Looking around there is alot of space in there! Talking to the owner of the boat(dad) and he is up for the idea of putting sacs in the back in place of the tanks. I want to hear from you guys/gals what sacs you would recommend to fill up the back locker. There is no real budget other than to keep it reasonable. We have an 04 ws lsv.

Thanks!

HLN Yahoo.gif

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index....st&p=114470

That LINK goes through many options on our boat.

You're ridden behind mine with 1/3 of the 750's filled. You KNOW it was a crazy wake. Can't imagine putting more weight back there for wakeboarding, at least at our level...

I think the 750 in the starboard side wasn't filling completely the day you were with us. I need to play with it.

As you'll see in that thread, the pictures show what the 750 looks like completely full - on that day you were with us, it wasn't even near that full - and you saw what the wake looked like...

750 is the biggest you can fit in there. Fly High is the way to go for fit, ease of installation and cost.

Thanks for the linky andy!

Looks like I will go for those 750s! then all those collections of connectors. I hope I can get this in before next weekend... How long did it take you?

6 hrs to install, don't get the quick disconnects, just go with the barbed ends because it is simple and cheap. Also don't mess around with trying to find them just pick them up at buywake. You will also need one piece of 3/4 in hose 35ft or 4 10ft pieces.

Ya, definitely go with 4 10' pieces. Having too much length is good. You'll need it to keep them from siphoning out while underway.

It took us less then 45 minutes. We used the barbed fitting and not the quick disconnects and he will most likely never have the need for pulling them out. Also, we need two extra 4ft. piece of tubing which (oddly enough came with the boat) he had stored away. We also screwed the drain pump directly into the sack (spinning the sack onto the pump worked best and is where a second person comes in handy)

It took us less then 45 minutes. We used the barbed fitting and not the quick disconnects and he will most likely never have the need for pulling them out. Also, we need two extra 4ft. piece of tubing which (oddly enough came with the boat) he had stored away. We also screwed the drain pump directly into the sack (spinning the sack onto the pump worked best and is where a second person comes in handy)

Hopefully I can get the buywake discount code, and get the stuff ordered and in before this weekend! Yahoo.gif

I did mine with ProX 750s.

I also changed the pumps to 1100gph - much faster fill time.

Also changed hose to 1" I.D.

Might as well do it all now while you're back there - only takes a little longer to do it right.

Looking around there is alot of space in there!

Where have you been - we've been saying for some time, that the hard tanks are a waste of space... you can haul all your stuff back there w/out the tanks.

Anyway, you've got the info you need - just be sure to run the drain pump to the back end of the sack for better draining, you'll need to extend the electrical connections (be sure not to swap em ;)) I also added a quick connect for the electrical, to help with the screwing in of the drain pump.

Looking around there is alot of space in there!

Where have you been - we've been saying for some time, that the hard tanks are a waste of space... you can haul all your stuff back there w/out the tanks.

Yeah, it was telling my dad that was the hard part. But I think he has seen the light. I just doesnt know about the 750 plus the two 350 sacs I already have:Surprised:

I had 440s and now I've changed to the 750s.

750s are definitely better.

and I did have my drain pumps in the back but I moved them back to the front.

Drains the same and now its easier to reach them under the seat to disconnect for locker cleanout.

so no need to extend electric and move the drain pumps to the back

see my gallery for some pics