Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What's going to be new for 08?

tmc#1

New dash? Please! Simplified vinyl patterns would be nice too. Oh, and go back to an upholstered observer-seat hinge. The exposed hinge just looks tacky.

Nope and nope......I have some pics but won't share either.

then why even post? Crazy.gif

Yeah! didnt you people learn when you were kids 'if you have nothing nice to say dont say anything'? Mad.gif

very rude... Biggrin.gif

'very drastic changes' thats kinda scary, but, if a new RLX hull and a return of the sportster and corvette is drastic im all ears...

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UWSkier

• stewart

• WakeGirl

• skicrave

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Edgeski, J-Ro and Wakegirl,

Thanks for the pictures you guys sent me last night. Wow, those new models are sweet. As promised I won't spill the beans to the crew about any changes until you say its o.k.

But I gotta say, that new Wakesetter 278 is the Blowup.gif

Edgeski, J-Ro and Wakegirl,

Thanks for the pictures you guys sent me last night. Wow, those new models are sweet. As promised I won't spill the beans to the crew about any changes until you say its o.k.

But I gotta say, that new Wakesetter 278 is the Blowup.gif

They sent them to you too? I thought I had the only exclusive pics. Well, now at least WE know what to expect. Cool, eh?

If you're looking at an 08 there will be a new hull on the LSV while the VLX remains unchanged. You may want to consider that factor as well.

Saw this in another thread...

IF we have a integrated dash with the stereo, what happens for those the elect not to have RF system? Will we got the old rockers? Or just have some features disabled?

IF we have a integrated dash with the stereo, what happens for those the elect not to have RF system? Will we got the old rockers? Or just have some features disabled?

who says the stereo is in the dash..... its been moved, but not there :)

This is just speculation, but my guess is that you'll still get the new Multiplexed Graphical Display Switches (seriously, that's the name they came up with?), you just won't have the stereo remote functionality or the ability to control the stereo with the presets.

This is definitely a move to a more OEM type of solution like what we get in autos. Gear is being built specifically for the boat as opposed to using off the shelf aftermarket parts, and controls are more integrated into the boat than ever before (think steering wheel controls on most modern autos). It's both good and bad I guess, but at least the headunit Malibu is using is decent.

That's all a guesstimate though, so we'll have to wait to see once we get some boats to play with.

Since wakeorigin already has spilled the beans and have the Malibu press release, how come no one is starting to post pictures? Dontknow.gif

This is just speculation, but my guess is that you'll still get the new Multiplexed Graphical Display Switches (seriously, that's the name they came up with?), you just won't have the stereo remote functionality or the ability to control the stereo with the presets.

This is definitely a move to a more OEM type of solution like what we get in autos. Gear is being built specifically for the boat as opposed to using off the shelf aftermarket parts, and controls are more integrated into the boat than ever before (think steering wheel controls on most modern autos). It's both good and bad I guess, but at least the headunit Malibu is using is decent.

That's all a guesstimate though, so we'll have to wait to see once we get some boats to play with.

Stewart, talking about the MGDS - sorry I meant "stereo controls", not the device....

Since wakeorigin already has spilled the beans and have the Malibu press release, how come no one is starting to post pictures? Dontknow.gif

Malibu has not provided any images to official media outlets to post yet. As soon as they do we'll have galleries up on the site.

Malibu has not provided any images to official media outlets to post yet. As soon as they do we'll have galleries up on the site.

This is the way I see it..... You can walk into a dealership, they pull up the dealer site and you can look at the pictures of the new 23 LSV right there. So in essence, it is being shared with the public already.

What we need is someone at a dealership (hmmm, skicrave) to log on to the dealer site and download those bad boys. :)

This is the way I see it..... You can walk into a dealership, they pull up the dealer site and you can look at the pictures of the new 23 LSV right there. So in essence, it is being shared with the public already.

What we need is someone at a dealership (hmmm, skicrave) to log on to the dealer site and download those bad boys. :)

that sounds like a good idea. i will be going to my dealer soon so i will just look at the pics then.

Oh trust me, they're downloaded and ready to go. I just don't want to upset anyone at Malibu or put us (Malibu enthusiasts collectively) in the dog house.

Of course then again, I may not be able to resist the temptation...

Whistling.gif

Edited by skicrave
I see the pics of the new 23 are up. I want to see these LCD switch panels and in-dash HU though...

Lets just say I like the 07 23 LSV better :)