Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

A BIG "thank you" to Peter f/ Smooth Water Sports...

spinxt

To make a long story boring, Peter saw my post on this site about my RLX idling too high. He offered to meet me in PA on his way down to the TN factory to pick up some boats Thumbup.gif After I picked him up, we drove down to the river, dunked the boat, he hooked up his laptop and had the problem figured out in about 15 minutes. Turned out the TPS was bad (I may have killed it while fogging this past fall). At any rate, A-1 customer service from Peter!!! Had he not offered I would have been down until the first part of June!!!! Can't thank you enough Peter!! I know where I'll be buying my next boat from..... Clap.gif

Edited by spinxt
To make a long story boring, Peter saw my post on this site about my RLX idling too high. He offered to meet me in PA on his way down to the TN factory to pick up some boats Thumbup.gif After I picked him up, we drove down to the river, dunked the boat, he hooked up his laptop and had the problem figured out in about 15 minutes. Turned out the TPS was bad (I may have killed it while fogging this past fall). At any rate, A-1 customer service from Peter!!! Had he not offered I would have been down until the first part of June!!!! Can't thank you enough Peter!! I know where I'll be buying my next boat from..... Clap.gif

What's the TPS?

What's the TPS?

Throttle position sensor. Mmmkay? Great...

Pete is a fantastic guy. He is currently helping me in an odd situation, and has helped a good buddy of mine in some pretty tough jamms in the past few years.

I would recomend him to anyone, and will for sure buy my next Bu from him.

TPS and his name is Peter? Whoa... For all those who have no clue what they are talking about... you must see the movie Office Space. If you've ever worked in an office, you won't stop laughing!

I hope to receive the same type of support from my dealer. <crossing fingers>

Shawn

You didn't get your TPS report done yet?

Ummmm......yeahaaaaa.......did ya get that memo????? :lol:

I also give two thumbs for Peter. He's given me 10 times the help I got from the 2 dealers I bought my Malibus from put together.

It's right next to the O-face.

Sorry, not following. Where exactly is it, just out of curiosity?

And yeah, Peter is a heck of a good guy and will literally go out of his way to help you. That said. . .Hey Peter, do you have any free PP systems lying around and will you come out here to install if for me??? Crazy.gif

Make sure to shoot an e-mail to the Malibu corporate folks and let them know.

I was talking with someone at the TN plant a few weeks ago and was questioned regarding the level of support from dealers in Missouri. They seemed very interested in hearing the good and not so good.

OOHH YEAH not to brag or anything....... but I called that one on the 27th last month, should have put an ohm meter to your sensor, would have taken seconds and saved you almost a month. Alright I know this sounds jerkish but I just had to hit ya with braggin-rites Thumbup.gifThumbup.gifRockon.gif

And yeah, Peter is a heck of a good guy and will literally go out of his way to help you. That said. . .Hey Peter, do you have any free PP systems lying around and will you come out here to install if for me??? Crazy.gif

That was a joke....the TPS is on the starboard side of the throttle body. There are two sensors there the TPS (aft) and the Idle Air Control (forward).

OOHH YEAH not to brag or anything....... but I called that one on the 27th last month, should have put an ohm meter to your sensor, would have taken seconds and saved you almost a month. Alright I know this sounds jerkish but I just had to hit ya with braggin-rites Thumbup.gifThumbup.gifRockon.gif

Yes sauer, you were right. While everyone was barking up the IAC tree, you called the TPS. If only I were not so stubborn...... Surprised.gif

Ummmm...yeaaaa....I'm gonna have to ask you to come in on Saturday Mkay....and your going to have to re-do the cover sheet on those TPS reports.

Ummmm...yeaaaa....I'm gonna have to ask you to come in on Saturday Mkay....and your going to have to re-do the cover sheet on those TPS reports.

Man I missed something here. I guess I have to put Office Space on my Blockbuster list.

Man I missed something here. I guess I have to put Office Space on my Blockbuster list.

I'm surprised so many of you remember all these quotes.... I didn't think it was that memorable of a movie :Doh:

Great movie!

"The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care."

"Last time, I did not recieve a piece, and I was told that I..."

C'mon Jack, everyone knows that the O-face is right next to the muffler bearing. Fingerwag.gif Sheesh, and I thought Hank was the slow one. :Doh:

That was a joke....the TPS is on the starboard side of the throttle body. There are two sensors there the TPS (aft) and the Idle Air Control (forward).

Hey spin - you're being too nice. Should have kept him on the hook a little longer.

C'mon Jack, everyone knows that the O-face is right next to the muffler bearing. Fingerwag.gif Sheesh, and I thought Hank was the slow one. :Doh:

Hey spin - you're being too nice. Should have kept him on the hook a little longer.

Well, I thought that if I acted as Stoopider® than Hank, it might bring him out of hiding again--just to berate me. Innocent.gif

I usually get here about 15 minutes late (I use the side door so Lumbergh doesn't see me) then I just zone out for about an hour.

If you have ever worked in a cubicle this movie is a must see.

I'm surprised so many of you remember all these quotes.... I didn't think it was that memorable of a movie :Doh:

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.

I wouldn't say I've been missing it, Bob!

I wish I would have had my camera a couple of months ago when we threw our old copy machine out the door and beat the crap out of it. ROFL.gif It was truly classic.

post-23-1179259040_thumb.jpg

Edited by LS-One