Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Dock/ Boat House

king_kong

Hey everyone, this past winter we had our new dock and boat house built so i thought i would share it with all of you!

Just for a little back round, this hole project started 2 winters ago when heavy snow and rain caused our back yard to split in half and sink about two inches. When that happened we were pretty much forced to start out retaining wall project. We had the wall built before last summer and came out looking beautiful. Because of the wall not getting finished till the end of winter we weren't able to build our dock all the way down out wall.

So this past winter we were able to get our dock and boat house built and it has to be one of the coolest docks i have ever seen in my life. The wall and the dock both span 180ft end to end, the boat house sticks out 23 feet from the wall, the majority of the dock sticks out 11ft, and we have 2 sections for two pairs of jet ski floaters, also lately me and my father and law have been building our Tiki Bar that we have named the "Jackson Hole". The only things we have left to do is get our boat lift installed and out jet ski floaters put in. Besides that its done and ready for an awesome summer!

PICS

Wow dude, that looks awesome.

I like the way you patterned the decking, and I LOVE the tiki Bar.

I sure wish they would let us build something like that out here on our pond.

Mr Kong,

That really looks great. Sure shows a lot of planning, between the shape, and deck work etc..

Nice job! - all the trees, and space sure make us jeallous we don't have much like that out here in CA.. of course then we see the snow ;)

Simply amazing, I guess we are moving. To have something like that here in Calif. you would have to kill people for a living, that just makes you feel like packing your bags. Until you see the ice that used to be water Tongue.gif no seriously nice job.

Kong,

I saw the link on one of your posts and already commented on how sweet the dock and boathouse look. Again, to reiterate....AWESOME! Thumbup.gif

that is FANTASTIC! I wish we could get away with that on our lake. Where I live is between the main lake and a small bay, the ice in the winter shifts back and forth and destroys or drags/drops anything you leave in the water. Our neighbors used a train track sort of setup (as we do) to pull the boat up a lift into a garage/boat house. They left their track in one winter and they are now S shaped. I've also seen the ice take full docks and boat lifts, drag them out 100-200 feet off shore where it then thaws and drops it for them to go find in the spring. A dock/pier is going to be destroyed if left in.

Some of my friends live in smaller bays where they don't get nearly the shift, like where you are from the looks of it. They get to leave things in year round, man that'd be nice!

That tiki bar is fantastic!

Thanks a lot every one! I'm glad all of you like it. We have had this dock planed for years and its really nice to see it all come together and get this kind of response. For who ever asked, heres a pic of the main lake from the dam.

dsc00401iq3.jpg

Hey King Kong...mapquest says 866 miles from my house to yours...I'm ready for the road trip, when's the party!!!!!!! Nicely done...love the tiki bar!!! Cheers.gifBeer.gifRockon.gif

Edited by CLOUT1

Thats lake loreli isn't it? Before you even showed me the pics from the dam, I had a feeling (and I didnt look at where you were from). My college roommate's parents have a house on that lake. Very nice lake, but on a Saturday and Sunday afternoon I wouldn't touch that lake w/ a 10 ft. pole. There are some seriously idiotic boat drivers and even worse jet skiers that run that place from breakfast till dinner on the weekends.

Ice isn't too bad on this lake. The drop it like 6 feet every fall so most people's docks are out of the water. It looks like he's on one of the small fingers, so it won't be a problem. The lake is like a mile and half long (maybe a little longer)....about a 1/4 mile wide.

Hey King Kong...mapquest says 866 miles from my house to yours...I'm ready for the road trip, when's the party!!!!!!! Nicely done...love the tiki bar!!! Cheers.gifBeer.gifRockon.gif

Were breaking it in on Memorial day!

Thats lake loreli isn't it?

Huh? Its Lake Lakengren