Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

LSV Ballast

cbern1000

I am having a hard time finding 750LBS sacs to put in the back of my 23LSV. Everything I have found seems to be in the 400 to 550LBS range. Am I missing something? (To begin with, is the 750LBS overkill?) Also does anyone have the specific measurements for the size of the trunk, how large of a sac can you actually fit in there?

In addition, what are your recommendations for reinforcing the bottom of the trunk? Some people have told me that you should try and put down a 1/2" piece of plywood to ensure that the weight is evenly distributed. I am assuming if the bag was full naturally you would have equal distribution?

Thanks!

750s will fit just fine...I have them in my 2004 LSV and they fill it up, but you could actually fit more if you REALLY wanted to.

As for reinforcing the floor? Pfffffttt...not necessary. The floor of the Bu' is at least 3/4" solid fiberglass, so it is plenty strong. Seriously...have NEVER heard talk of reinforcing before. But your right...it IS alot of weight. Thumbup.gif

FlyHigh makes them...they are the 750Xs.

http://buywake.com/catalog/detail/FL_Fp3pA

Attached is a pic of mine FULL. My only concern is maybe putting some gel/foam padding over the bottom of the cupholders and mount of the table (as seen).

Hope this helps!

Oh and Welcome! Rockon.gif

I am having a hard time finding 750LBS sacs to put in the back of my 23LSV. Everything I have found seems to be in the 400 to 550LBS range. Am I missing something? (To begin with, is the 750LBS overkill?) Also does anyone have the specific measurements for the size of the trunk, how large of a sac can you actually fit in there?

In addition, what are your recommendations for reinforcing the bottom of the trunk? Some people have told me that you should try and put down a 1/2" piece of plywood to ensure that the weight is evenly distributed. I am assuming if the bag was full naturally you would have equal distribution?

Thanks!

post-2658-1177037422_thumb.jpg

Not knowing what model boat he has might get him in trouble with that advise. IF he has a LSV with the underfloor tanks, Malibu has a weight limit for that floor area. It is his own choice to respect that limit or not. We have not heard of any problems with putting sacs on top of the under floor tanks but I would hate to recommend that and he get in trouble and try to get Malibu to stand behind it because "I heard it was OK on TheMalibuCrew.com" ROFL.gif ....Now if he has the above floor tanks, different story then but one of his other posts indicates his is a new one.

I run those 750's on in the trunks of my '06 VLX with the malibu mls tanks underneath. If you stand on that floor (and if you're over 75lbs you're over the weight limit) you can notice it give a little when empty. I just make sure I don't fill my 750s unless I'm also filling the MLS. Figure the water in there gives me a little more help from a tank caving in.