Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fault code 1 SPN 94 FMI 1 - Low Fuel Pressure

LouisianaAxis

I have a 2017 Axis A22 with Monsoon 409 6 liter V8 (PCM Motors - Crusader Challenger Series Engine)

I got this error :

Fault code 1
SPN 94
FMI 1

First time fix - fuel pump

Second time fix - burnt wire under the fuel pump relay termination board.

First time I got this (3 years after owning it), I changed the fuel pump and it fixed my problem.  The fuel pump is an in-tank pump. 

Pull the 8 screws holding the flooring in the middle of the boat down, and you will see the fuel pump right there.  I believe it was 9mm bolts holding the fuel pump in.

You will also need a FUEL LINE DISCONNECT tool.  These are cheap plastic tools that you will need, can get them at autozone or on amazon, see link https://a.co/d/52BKPhY

You will need the blue fuel line quick connect tool.

The fuel pump model number will be on the top of it.  Mine was - Malibu boats pn: 3020516.2

This one below will work.

MALIBU/AXIS In tank Fuel pump-Gen4 (malibuparts.com)

SECOND time I got this error (7 years after owning it - I thought easy fix, just change fuel pump again).  This was NOT the fix.  I was getting 12 VDC to the pump but it was not kicking on (made me think the new pump was bad too). 

After inspection of the relay board on top of the motor to the back left (ECM - Engine Control Module that has the fuse panel / relay board on top), I noticed a burnt spot on where the fuel pump relay was at.

I was able to access the bottom of the board and see the burnt wire.  If I was NOT able to do this, I've talked to many boat mechanics that had same issue and had to splice a new relay in, see link. https://a.co/d/frdDO7z

I also had the wiring diagram from PleasureCraft Marine Motors for the ECM if anyone wants to get it, can message me to receive it.

If you have any issues with your Axis, feel free to reach out.