Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Possible Amp issue? New amp recommendations?

Samson28

Samson28

Looking to replace an amp I have in a 2016 23lsv. Currently have a MMats MPA470 looking for opinions on a replacement.

Issue I’m having: I am only getting one set of speakers to have output from this amp. I’m guessing it’s an amp issue (complete guess)..if I plug into my other amp I get output from the speakers that aren’t working..any ideas?

16 minutes ago, Samson28 said:

.if I plug into my other amp I get output from the speakers that aren’t working..any ideas?

Im not clear on whats getting into what, but if you plug something into a completely different amplifier and the speakers then play, then those speakers are not connected to the amp you suspect is bad. 

Is this "set" of speakers 2 lefts or 2 rights or 2 fronts or 2 rear? Is this issue on all media modes? Tuner, USB, AUX, BT?

It sounds like you have found a way to make the speakers play by moving or plugging something. This points to the issue is not the speakers and being upstream of the amp. Again, this is based on the info provided. 

Samson28
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, MLA said:

Im not clear on whats getting into what, but if you plug something into a completely different amplifier and the speakers then play, then those speakers are not connected to the amp you suspect is bad. 

Is this "set" of speakers 2 lefts or 2 rights or 2 fronts or 2 rear? Is this issue on all media modes? Tuner, USB, AUX, BT?

It sounds like you have found a way to make the speakers play by moving or plugging something. This points to the issue is not the speakers and being upstream of the amp. Again, this is based on the info provided. 

Please excuse my bad explanation as I’m not super tech savvy in the stereo department. Currently running two amplifiers. The amp in question has two sets of rca cables and I am only receiving sound from one set. If I swap the rca cables to my second amp I receive sound from both which leads me to believe it’s an amp issue? I could be completely wrong here. I can upload pictures if that would help understand my situation.

Im not receiving any sound from bow of the boat unless I swap rca cables to other amp on any media mode. R or L.

https://ibb.co/W3gpwXg
https://ibb.co/S3vwJR3

Edited by Samson28

Ok, lets forget about what you have done and try this.

Check the media unit FADE and BALANCE setting to make sure they are centered

Look at the suspect amp's settings to see if his has mode switch labeled something like 2CH and 4CH. If its 4CH move it to 2CH - Do the bow speakers work Y or N

Y = See yah!

N = swap the RCA from 1/2 to 3/4 and from 3/4 to 1/2 - working? Y or N

Y See yah

N = remove RCA from the working "working" amp and plug them into the suspect amp's 1/2 ports - bow speakers working Y or N

Y = issue with the four RCA feeding the suspect amp. They could be Y'd just behind amp wall and one Y is bad

N - Looking like an amp. However, I dont suspect amp as somehow some way you've made the bow speakers work and I cant make sense of it.