Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

PNP Valve Configuration Changed After Warranty Work? 2018 22 MXZ

HollywoodBall

HollywoodBall

2018 22 MXZ

Bought this boat with SumoSac 650s in the locker.  Removed them for the season and found a tank leak, which resulted in a some factory warranty work to replace all the hard tanks.

While the boat was away in TN, and at the dealer in SC and in storage, I picked up Wakemakers bags.  Went to install today and found the fill fittings have a 90 degree bend on them and exit to the SIDES of the boat.  There is not spinning, or adjusting to be done.  They are firmly in place, but now don't line up with the fill fitting on the bag.  

I've got an email into Wakemakers to double check my order, make sure I got the right product, but can anyone confirm my PNP valve setup as correct or altered?  Photo is port side PNP fitting underneath rear bench seat, taken from the back seat looking down.  Engine on left, port side of boat on right, transom at top of photo and forward of storage locker at the bottom.  

IMG_0188.thumb.jpeg.2a6e6097b85176e758a244e7e37da40c.jpeg

HollywoodBall

That fitting spun in any direction will still not line up with the bag inlet. There is no slack in that tubing either. It’s too short off the hard tank T valve to manipulate in any way. 

I just ordered straight replacement fittings rather than waste time, effort, energy further on it. They were $5. It will be 30 minutes of upside down, nearly-stroking out work. It’s a pain in the a** for something that went from “plug and play,” to, just, not, but is what it is at this point. 

90 degree fittings replaced with straight fittings.  Bags hooked up and working now.  

I believe when the factory replaced the hard tanks they pulled PNP fittings off the shelf for new boats, rather than properly re-installing the PNP lines as they were made in 2018.