Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

AXIS TCP2 error

hello, can someone help me, recently I became the owner of AXIS with an MDI engine, the error TCP2 high voltage SPN 29 appears permanently, I am looking for help, I am from POLAND and there is no service here, I am looking for a connection diagram or some good advice, thank you in advance , regards SŁAWEK

SPN 29 faults refer to the Foot Pedal Position (FPP) sensor circuit for the throttle lever.  The FMI fault number will narrow down the problem with the circuit. 

"The FPP sensor is an electronic device that is coupled to a mechanically driven input as commanded by the vehicle/engine operator. A FPP sensor may be, but is not limited to a foot pedal assembly, a cable-lever-sensor 
assembly, or a rotary potentiometer. General sensor configurations consist of single potentiometer/hall-effect with IVS, two potentiometers/hall-effects, or two potentiometers/hall-effects with IVS. The FPP sensor outputs are proportional to the commanded input. The ECM uses the FPP sensor input(s) to control the throttle and adjust the engine’s load in order to achieve the requested power. Since the FPP sensor inputs directly affect the engine’s power output, redundant sensors are generally used to ensure safe, reliable operation. In systems that utilize a mechanical throttle the foot pedal input is used to monitor the position of the mechanical throttle valve in order to activate minimum or maximum governors. In electronic throttle control systems the foot pedal position/throttle control position sensor is used by the engine/equipment operator or system to command either throttle position or a governor speed target proportional to the input in order to achieve desired system behavior."

Edited by csleaver

SPN 29 FMI 3 - FPP Voltage High fault will set if FPP1 voltage is higher than the limit defined in the engine calibration at any operating condition. Fully redundant systems (when three sensors are compared) limited operation may result in setting codes without requiring derates, however, single or non-redundant systems (FPP1 w/IVS) must command forced idle or engine shutdowns depending on the type of system.

Have you tried contacting the Malibu/Axis dealer in Poland? Michal Druszcz should be your point of contact there. +48 600 214 314