Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

02 sensor and 4 other fault codes 2017 raptor 6.2

Has anyone had any of these 6 fault codes?  2017 23LSV raptor 6.2L.  They are active/inactive and go away comeback intermittently within minutes…very strange; I figured O2 sensor related but didn’t know pre cat or post cat for the first 2…

Oxygen A fuel trim high (short term bank 1)

SPN 4236 FMI:0

oxygen B fuel trim high (short term bank 1)

SPN 4238 FMI:0

EGO2 open/lazy

SPN 3227 FMI:5

Air/fuel sensor 2/1 (UEGO2) pump cell slow…

SPN 3264 FMI:10

EGOH3 open/ground short

SPN 3261 FMI:4

Air/fuel sensor 2/1 (UEGO2) sense cell impedance?

SPN 3261 FMI:0

Edited by Double UP 1080
Bluefishcay

Have a dealer hook up to it and then run it.  You will be able to watch what is happening real time.  Best way to diagnose problems on the new engines.  

Yeah they will be but was trying to self diagnose first; thinking re do all 4 O2 sensors (both pre and post cat) and see what happened…1150+ hours

Check your system voltage, and the main power and ground connections first.  Problems with the batteries, charging system, battery connections, power distribution post, or engine ground can cause those codes.  Remove the air fuel O2 sensors and check them for signs of moisture or rust.  Also, check the catalyst substrate in the exhaust pipes for damage.

• Like 1

Most likely O2 codes. On the raptor when the O2’s go it freaks out and throws a bunch of other codes. Best bet is to have dealer run diacom and see what the issue is. Likely dont need to replace all. 

If you haven’t looked at this diagnostic manual take a look. 

https://www.bakesonline.com/media/resourcelibrary/Indmar_09-10ECMmanualv1.2.pdf

• Like 1

Was able to get both post cat sensors out and port side was completely shot, starboard was mostly missing/non existent.  Needless to say this should help…replaced one, waiting on second post cat sensor replacement.

Pre cat sensors were both super tight and couldn’t get out with an extended handle socket wrench, will see what codes show when both post cat sensors are in and will keep trying for pre cats 

So after doing both post cat sensors with no change I managed to get the air/fuel sensor 2/1 (starboard side/bank 2; sensor 1 (pre cat) it solved all the issues.  That 1 sensor threw 6-7 different codes and now no active codes.  I unplugged the pre cat on the port side and it threw a code for air/fuel sensor 1/1 and that went inactive when plugged back in so bank 2 sensor 1 was the main culprit.  

If anyone has the pre cat sensors with the blue shrink wrap/jacket I would replace.  My port side was black wrapped and is fine but I had 1 blue one and that was the issue, I’ve read other places these were faulty from the Factory after a short time.  $90-$93 part