Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2023 Malibu Prices

Wilbur

Looking at a new 2023 M240. What percent below MSRP are dealer's selling Malibus for right now?

Well not an M240 and obviously area you are located plays a lot for prices. The PNW is still holding strong on boat sales, But I bought a brand new 2023 M220, MSRP was like 280 I paid 190. 

$190k for a 22 foot boat.  geeeze !

is that at least out the door?

Edited by granddaddy55
LXRBarefooter
On 3/19/2024 at 10:49 AM, granddaddy55 said:

$190k for a 22 foot boat.  geeeze !

is that at least out the door?

Wait till you see the price of the Aussie built ones. You don’t get much change out of $200k for an Open Edition TXi here, you don’t want to know the price of a Wakesetter.

Remember, about 10 years ago the Aussie dollar was better than parity with the USD…

Edited by LXRBarefooter
ahopkins22LSV

Pricing varies a lot from dealer to dealer because it is specific to the demand of that area. Just because someone got x% off doesn’t mean you will. Is a good guide? Yeah but the best process I’ve found is just work directly with the dealer then bounce the % off here with details of the exact boat. 

• Like 2
20 hours ago, dwc032 said:

You obviously haven't bought a new boat in a while?  

bought 22 23 foot ri in nov 2021 for 25% less ( and pretty sure my dealer still sells them out the door with a power tower  for less than that as well and i think thats the 6.2 di   , can currently get the most modern  ri hull on a fe22 for 140k with base 6 liter motor 

Edited by granddaddy55
ahopkins22LSV
2 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

bought 22 23 foot ri in nov 2021 for 25% less ( and pretty sure my dealer still sells them out the door with a power tower  for less than that as well and i think thats the 6.2 di   , can currently get the most modern  ri hull on a fe22 for 140k with base 6 liter motor 

That would truly shock me. The supremes at the boat show last weekend were 120-140 show price. 

Including this one :shocked:

IMG_7018.jpeg

IMG_7019.jpeg

The fe22 is a new model, a stripped down centurion...but not quite down to supreme level I guess? Confusing but sounds similar to the "R" models Malibu is trying.  Will be interesting to see if they just cannibalize their own budget brand sales

And remember, the OP was for an M220 which is as nice as Bu goes. A 22LSV way cheaper for example. Hard to go apples-to-apples.

Edited by CaptainMorgan
On 3/18/2024 at 10:57 AM, Wilbur said:

Looking at a new 2023 M240. What percent below MSRP are dealer's selling Malibus for right now?

I’ve bought 3 holdover boats and I wouldn’t buy a holdover for less than 30% off MSRP. Obviously a custom 2024 is an entirely different animal.

• Like 2

I've seen our local dealer do some serious deals on left over boats.  They've got a brand new, very well equipped 2023 26LSV for $225k.  Granted, it's ugly AF and has limited appeal, but noteworthy for the price.  They had a similar condition on a left over M240.  We don't see many of either of those models in our region, though.

other factor i just realized is that a leftover M240 is a special case since it just got a major re-design to the M242, so not only is the OP boat a model-year older, but its also now a "generation" behind as well.

ahopkins22LSV
1 hour ago, Slayer said:

I've seen our local dealer do some serious deals on left over boats.  They've got a brand new, very well equipped 2023 26LSV for $225k.  Granted, it's ugly AF and has limited appeal, but noteworthy for the price.  They had a similar condition on a left over M240.  We don't see many of either of those models in our region, though.

The “Army” colored one?

ahopkins22LSV
7 minutes ago, Slayer said:

No, the gross white one with red vinyl.

Ah yeah. That one isn’t as bad imo lol. The red vinyl does kill it for me though. Both were custom orders a year ago that were backed out on last minute from what was told. At least the white one wasn’t ordered with the standard tower, no sport dash and complete butt ugly gel. But the interior is terrible. 

And also agree, unless you are on lake st Clair it really isn’t a boat for our area. I was at the novi show late Sunday and they said they sold the m242 they had there. I didn’t crawl around it though I spent too much time chasing the daughter. 

1 hour ago, ahopkins22LSV said:

Ah yeah. That one isn’t as bad imo lol. The red vinyl does kill it for me though. Both were custom orders a year ago that were backed out on last minute from what was told. At least the white one wasn’t ordered with the standard tower, no sport dash and complete butt ugly gel. But the interior is terrible. 

And also agree, unless you are on lake st Clair it really isn’t a boat for our area. I was at the novi show late Sunday and they said they sold the m242 they had there. I didn’t crawl around it though I spent too much time chasing the daughter. 

The M242 was a nice boat.  Build quality on the other had was absolutely terrible.

On 3/21/2024 at 7:44 AM, Slayer said:

The M242 was a nice boat.  Build quality on the other had was absolutely terrible.

Please elaborate 

On 3/21/2024 at 8:00 AM, Slayer said:

No, the gross white one with red vinyl.

Wow, those are both going to be difficult to sell.  Too bad they don't have an option to ship a boat back to the factory to have it reupholstered.  Those are bad!

25 minutes ago, Sixer said:

Wow, those are both going to be difficult to sell.  Too bad they don't have an option to ship a boat back to the factory to have it reupholstered.  Those are bad!

You have a link? I want to see! 

On 3/22/2024 at 2:15 PM, dwc032 said:

Please elaborate 

Everything rattled when the stereo was on.  The trays above the engine were poorly fabricated and installed.  The fasteners didn't line up with the holes in the deck and tray.  They're cheap plastic bits with thumb screw type fasteners and most of them were poorly drilled.  Several were angled such that the tray wouldn't hold in place correctly.  Several gel coat defects as well.  

On 3/20/2024 at 1:48 PM, ahopkins22LSV said:

That would truly shock me. The supremes at the boat show last weekend were 120-140 show price. 

IMG_7018.jpeg

IMG_7019.jpeg

🤢 🤢 🤮 😁😁

2 hours ago, Slayer said:

Everything rattled when the stereo was on.  The trays above the engine were poorly fabricated and installed.  The fasteners didn't line up with the holes in the deck and tray.  They're cheap plastic bits with thumb screw type fasteners and most of them were poorly drilled.  Several were angled such that the tray wouldn't hold in place correctly.  Several gel coat defects as well.  

That sucks, well I am gonna go look at one at our local dealer. I will keep ya posted if this one has the same issues. 

13 minutes ago, dwc032 said:

That sucks, well I am gonna go look at one at our local dealer. I will keep ya posted if this one has the same issues. 

Hopefully, it doesn't.  The one I looked at when I was at the Detroit show in January was much better than the one at our spring show in terms of quality.  Our dealer told us that Malibu was aware of the problems and was going to make them right.  They sold that boat at the show.

On 3/20/2024 at 3:48 PM, ahopkins22LSV said:

IMG_7018.jpeg

IMG_7019.jpeg

The Jolly Rancher

• Haha 1