Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M6 Engine Mount Torque Specs

NorCalSurfer

After spending over $1,000 at Tommy’s Rancho Cordova for service and winterizing, I found my engine mount bolts finger tight. Does anyone know the torque specs?

Engine and transmission mount through bolts to the stringers torque 25-30 lbs/ft.  Mounting brackets to the engine or transmission housing torque 33 lbs/ft.

Starting to think this is a very common occurrence. I tightened mine on my 2018 LSV 3 times in 5 years. Don't think it is even mentioned in the service schedules  listed in owners manual about checking them.

If they are loose that’s the first sign that your engine mounts are bad or engine is out of alignment. I would take a closer look before torquing down on them. 

7 hours ago, Cole2001 said:

If they are loose that’s the first sign that your engine mounts are bad or engine is out of alignment. I would take a closer look before torquing down on them. 

If everyone reading this thread checked their  mount bolts, I am guessing over 50% would not be torqued properly. Just a result of the design. Mine were always fine for alignment just they loosed over use.

dizzygti
23 hours ago, NorCalSurfer said:

I found my engine mount bolts finger tight. 

This is not confidence inspiring.   

NorCalSurfer
10 hours ago, dizzygti said:

This is not confidence inspiring.   

Not at all. They are a joke, I’ll elaborate more after it goes in for hopefully the last time in a couple weeks.