Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Natalie Seat

Upperbaylsv

Upperbaylsv

Is it possible to added on the Natalie Seat after delivery? Liking this feature with small kids the more the wife and I think about it 

Edited by Upperbaylsv

it may be possible if you can get the hardware parts from malibu, but the seat cushion may not be compatible with the mounting hardware depending on how it is secured to the hings

I'd be curious to try to come up with a simple DIY solution that uses velcro to attach the seat cushion to the wind screen. Or fabricate something out of HDPE/starboard that would slide into the wind screen rails that could stay semi-permanently attached to the seat cushion.

I wasn't particularly impressed with the hinge hardware on the natalie seat. My wife and kids struggled to get the seat to drop, and it was a 2 hand operation for me. Plus the small cavity where the hinge mechanism sits felt like it would be a dirt trap. Pretty cool idea but I felt like the execution wasn't quite there yet.

That's what I thought it was. My Supra has it as standard equipment. Moves easily through track and I just found out it is also easily removed all together if wanted. Love the feature more for the fact I never have to pull out a piece of plastic and store it somewhere for a wind block.

Phone your dealer. Any option that was offered for your model year they should be able to get after the fact. Just might not be cheap. 

Upperbaylsv
Posted (edited)

Hoping to hear whether this is a feature people use a lot and would Order again or is gimmicky (worth the $?) 

Edited by Upperbaylsv

Malibuparts.com offers a kit of some sort.  It says it’s not a complete kit and to call for a parts list but it does appear it’s a retrofit that can happen. 

On 3/18/2024 at 5:58 AM, Upperbaylsv said:

Hoping to hear whether this is a feature people use a lot and would Order again or is gimmicky (worth the $?) 

We have it on our 25 LSV and love it. Use it all the time when cruising. Expensive but would definitely order again. 

IMG_3386.jpeg

Edited by Shammy
add photo