Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

25LSV- LT or MD6

Sparky450

So since the discussion started elsewhere let’s see if we can start it again here. I know the MD6 is enough for me. I had a 2019 25LSV/MD6. However I couldn’t run the 2805. I ran the 3077. At just a low 1000’ elevation with lots of people I would need to drain a bit. Even on the Dirty D I had a few times I dumped water. 
We boat 95% of the time at the Dirty D (sea level)

I am in the process of pricing a new 25LSV. I will explain my use and hope to get some feedback to help me out. 

Our typical day is surfing and “lunch Runs”. It could be just 2-4 people or maxed out. And I ran a lot of lead as well  

Our shortest lunch run is about 20 mins  but could be an hour+ each way. Of course on the long runs we will surf, stop for a break, etc  

I was hoping that the LT would get me faster than 25-28 miles an hour for a lunch run and  surfing in the 1800-2200 range  

So i guess I am asking for real world experience. 
Is it worth the extra 16k MSRP to make the jump to the LT engine? 

I know I want it, but don’t really want to spend the 🪙   

dizzygti

LT4 will do a lot more than 28 for cruising.  If you have struggled with an M6, you know the answer. 

• Like 2

Given your use I think you would benefit from the LT4. With the M6 If you propped down even further from the 3077 you would have no issues pushing more weight but as you know at the cost of top end. Can you get premium gas on the Delta?

2 hours ago, Sparky450 said:

So since the discussion started elsewhere let’s see if we can start it again here. I know the MD6 is enough for me. I had a 2019 25LSV/MD6. However I couldn’t run the 2805. I ran the 3077. At just a low 1000’ elevation with lots of people I would need to drain a bit. Even on the Dirty D I had a few times I dumped water. 
We boat 95% of the time at the Dirty D (sea level)

I am in the process of pricing a new 25LSV. I will explain my use and hope to get some feedback to help me out. 

Our typical day is surfing and “lunch Runs”. It could be just 2-4 people or maxed out. And I ran a lot of lead as well  

Our shortest lunch run is about 20 mins  but could be an hour+ each way. Of course on the long runs we will surf, stop for a break, etc  

I was hoping that the LT would get me faster than 25-28 miles an hour for a lunch run and  surfing in the 1800-2200 range  

So i guess I am asking for real world experience. 
Is it worth the extra 16k MSRP to make the jump to the LT engine? 

I know I want it, but don’t really want to spend the 🪙   

Interesting.  I have the M6 in my 2022 25LSV, so same boat you're looking at.  I've never used the 3077 and have never had issues with a boat full of people needing to make a run of 20 minutes to an hour at 1,000'.  I should also clarify that I've never done a run loaded.  I've only surfed it loaded or wakeboarded loaded.  Haven't had any issues at all.

dizzygti
16 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Interesting.  I have the M6 in my 2022 25LSV, so same boat you're looking at.  I've never used the 3077 and have never had issues with a boat full of people needing to make a run of 20 minutes to an hour at 1,000'.  I should also clarify that I've never done a run loaded.  I've only surfed it loaded or wakeboarded loaded.  Haven't had any issues at all.

On 2805 prop?

4 hours ago, Sparky450 said:

LT4 should have you cruising in the 30s no problem, but not gonna surf as low as you hope.  I cant recall who posted their loaded surf rpms but I wanna say it was 2700ish (given amount of prop slip during surfing its not a straight transmission ratio/pitch calc)

1 hour ago, Slayer said:

Let’s clarify I am not running loaded. 
It is just I make a lot lunch runs. And sometimes those runs may have 2.0/22 people on board. Normally it is jus a small crew 

1 minute ago, CaptainMorgan said:

LT4 should have you cruising in the 30s no problem, but not gonna surf as low as you hope.  I cant recall who posted their loaded surf rpms but I wanna say it was 2700ish (given amount of prop slip during surfing its not a straight transmission ratio/pitch calc)

Still better than 3300

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Sparky450 said:

Still better than 3300

and to be fair, even 3300 on the M6 ain't that bad?

• Like 3

LT4 all day!  no question about it in my mind for that big ol' boat and your use case.  

• Like 2
CDAWake
7 hours ago, Sparky450 said:

However I couldn’t run the 2805

I just got a 2805 for our A24 with the M6, it sounded like a great prop based on reviews here. I’m at 2300’, hopefully that isn’t too much prop…..

6 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

@Stevo??

image.gif.39ad7c6609c51f639db8ef5dff56b215.gif

@Sparky450the M6 will be plenty for your delta usage. 

that being said I love surfing loaded with 2500-2600 Rpm , and there is something fun about dropping the hammer to run back to the launch when you are still full and draining.

i haven’t tried it but I feel like the LT4 would do 45+ with ease.

i went LT4 because we do boat at altitude a few times a year and moving people and draining water to dial in a wave can be frustrating when you don’t have quite the power.

• Like 2

I have the M6.  No clue what prop.  We will run all over our lake as well.  We do the lunch runs often, too (dinner as well).  20 - +60 mins depending on where we are going and how many pre-beers I want to have (more Titos my wife drinks on the boat is one less $15 drink I have to buy as well) .  What stops us from cruising at +25 is more chop than RPM.  I simply don't see a huge change in time from dock to dock and overall content in 22 vs 28.  (I know you all can calculate the delta...)

I have only hit the bottom of the throttle once.  Loaded out: full fuel, +10 adults and against the wind with wedge on 3 or 4.

The above being said, i would hit the LT4 box (and step on the rear seat) before: fender pro, four Rev 10's (buy a set of 12's), RGB, seat heater and a few other ancillary options.  

• Like 2
N49Boater

No real world experience with an LT4, but also never heard of anyone upset that they went with the bigger stove! You will get to enjoy it, get a bit of your $$ back when you sell it, and it will never bother you that you didn’t buy the bigger one! 

15 hours ago, dizzygti said:

On 2805 prop?

Yes.

14 hours ago, Sparky450 said:

Let’s clarify I am not running loaded. 
It is just I make a lot lunch runs. And sometimes those runs may have 2.0/22 people on board. Normally it is jus a small crew 

10-4.  I usually have between 6-12 on my boat.  If I need to drain while running, still have not had issues.  But, I'd happily run the LT4.  I was being "thrifty" when I ordered.  

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Five Cent Worth said:

I have the M6.  No clue what prop.  We will run all over our lake as well.  We do the lunch runs often, too (dinner as well).  20 - +60 mins depending on where we are going and how many pre-beers I want to have (more Titos my wife drinks on the boat is one less $15 drink I have to buy as well) .  What stops us from cruising at +25 is more chop than RPM.  I simply don't see a huge change in time from dock to dock and overall content in 22 vs 28.  (I know you all can calculate the delta...)

I have only hit the bottom of the throttle once.  Loaded out: full fuel, +10 adults and against the wind with wedge on 3 or 4.

The above being said, i would hit the LT4 box (and step on the rear seat) before: fender pro, four Rev 10's (buy a set of 12's), RGB, seat heater and a few other ancillary options.  

I understand your sentiment here.  However for us, I would not ditch the seat heater.  It gets used frequently for us, particularly early and late season and it's relatively inexpensive.

I had a 2022 25LSV with M6 and now a 2023 25LSV with LT4.... Hurt to check the box, but very happy that I did.

Use the boat very similar to what you do with lots of running around the lake as well as surfing/boarding. Mentioned above, but you will be surfing at lower RPM's and your cruise speed will go up decently (Most of my cruising is 28-32mph). I didn't track fuel burn supper close, but as far as I can tell it did not feel like we were using anymore during a weekend at the lake then what the previous M6 would use.

This is as long as you stay out of the throttle and limit your high speed runs, but the ability to hit 50+ when rain is coming does also come in handy 

• Like 2

LT4 for sure, on my T250, we surf at about 2300 rpm around 11.5 and I can easily cruise at 40+ once we dump the weight

Always better to have more power

the LT4 is very quiet as well

• Like 2

The LT4 was a lot of extra money to spend, but I haven’t ever had second thoughts about doing it.  Every time I pin the throttle, it makes me smile.

Keep in mind this forum is a bad influence.  We like to spend your money!

@Sparky450 I am not sure why the 2805 didn’t work before for your use case, but you already have your answer since it didn’t.  If it didn’t work before in a slightly lighter 2019 25LSV…..it won’t be any better in a new 25LSV.   Enjoy the LT4!

• Like 2
10 hours ago, hethj7 said:

@Sparky450 I am not sure why the 2805 didn’t work before for your use case, but you already have your answer since it didn’t.  If it didn’t work before in a slightly lighter 2019 25LSV…..it won’t be any better in a new 25LSV.   Enjoy the LT4!

Works well for me, but I'm not at elevation.

On 3/20/2024 at 5:25 AM, Slayer said:

Works well for me, but I'm not at elevation.

We are are sea level. But we are known to surf very heavy. Hopefully the 24 won’t need as much weight. 

We ran 1,000# lead, full pnp and quite often 10-12, or more bodies  

It could also be that I am finicky  

48 minutes ago, 23LSVOwner said:

Just keep in mind that the LT4 requires premium fuel.

Thank you! 
I only run premium in any of my toys and quite often in the trucks as well.