Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Engine swap

Cholder2003

Cholder2003

I have a 2003 Malibu wakesetter vlx. It’s been using oil past couple of summers and I’m tired of adding every ride. So I’m in the process of pulling motor out now. Any little performance things to add wile it’s out or things anyone has swapped out since the motor is already out? And I also think I’m going to buy a reman block with heads and just swap my intake and good stuff over to new motor. Has anyone done this before and inside would help.

Ive done it. 2022 labor day i blew up a piston and shoved it down and out the side of the oil pan. I live in Southern MI so i drove up to MichiganMotorz and they slapped a long block in the back of my truck and put that back in my 08 VLX (Monsoon 340) - $3,600

i have DIACOM so once we put the motor back in with a re-alignment we made sure the timing was good.  I did do a rebuild kit on the rudder housing and also replaced the cutlass bearing on the shaft strut 

Cholder2003
1 hour ago, justgary said:

Do you have a Monsoon or a Hammerhead?

It is the monsoon 335

Cholder2003
44 minutes ago, hawaiianstyln said:

Ive done it. 2022 labor day i blew up a piston and shoved it down and out the side of the oil pan. I live in Southern MI so i drove up to MichiganMotorz and they slapped a long block in the back of my truck and put that back in my 08 VLX (Monsoon 340) - $3,600

i have DIACOM so once we put the motor back in with a re-alignment we made sure the timing was good.  I did do a rebuild kit on the rudder housing and also replaced the cutlass bearing on the shaft strut 

I was going to replace that also. Replace everything I can with the motor out so once it’s back in I shouldn’t have to worry about it.

• Like 1