Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Electrical Help (Heater, Cabin Speakers & 12V outlet)

I have a few electrical related things I'm trying to figure out on my new (to me ) boat. Hoping someone can help me figure these things out...

1) Reinstalling Heater: The previous owner of the boat had removed the heater to create space for a subwoofer in underneath the dashboard. I've re-worked some things to move that subwoofer to the other side of the boat (in the battery storage area), and would like to reinstall the original heater. However, I am not sure on the electrical part and how it will get power. Can anyone help guide me on how I will reconnect the heater fan? Is there any way I can test that it even works before officially intaling?

Here are some links to images:

2) Front Cabin Speakers: For some reason, the front cabin speakers are no longer working. The last time I was at the boat and tested them, they were working just fine. What could have happened. What should I look for to investigate what the issue might be?

3) 12V Power Outlet: This one is really confusing me. The 12V outlet under the rear bench seat does not work with our electric air pump for our tube. However, it does work for a little plug in vacuum cleaner so it is drawing some power. The air pump also does work just fine in the outlet next to the captain's chair. Perhaps the one under the rear bench isn't drawing enough voltage for some reason and that's why the vacuum will work but not the air pump? Any ideas here on what's happening or how I can get that outlet working properly so we can inflate our large 3-person tube on the sun pad area rather than having to do it from the outlet next to the captain's chair?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Jordan

Item 2) have you had any knob twisting ankle biters on your boat? If so check that the head unit or zone controller fader is not turned all to the back. If not that, trace the speaker wires from the head unit to the speakers. If both front speakers quit at the same time something got disconnected. 

3) check the condition of the 12v receptacle plug and the wiring connections. Something maybe loose or corroded.  Measure the power with a volt meter at the rear and at the captain chair. The rear outlet probably gets wet more often so might need replacing.