Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New England Pricing

bucrewalt

bucrewalt

I am curious even though this is a brokerage boat what one should expect to pay for this boat. 

https://www.eastcoastflightcraft.com/default.asp?page=xPreOwnedInventoryDetail&id=14283157&p=1&make=malibu boats&s=(Sort By)&d=D&fr=xPreOwnedInventory

In general I feel like east coast is always high priced compared to other areas, but they have a literal monopoly on Malibu anywhere in the North East. 

There service is a struggle even if you buy from them, so I'm leary about going out of territory.

I'm curious peoples opinion on this as well.  I am considering a new boat this year, but the only option up here is ECFC. Hard to gauge what the market is.

Local dealer here has a couple of '23 23 LSVs also.  They both have the M6, and the flip down swim step, and the phone charger that is missing from the helm of the boat you have listed.  They are listed at $165k here, which IMO is quite high.  The one you listed has a lot of flake, and the PTM racks, low hours, but otherwise not super loaded.  A quick search on onlyinboards.com shows similar 2023's with the M5 and various hours for $115k +, with a lot of nice boats sitting around 120k.  That's where I'd aim to be if it was me.  I think the market is pretty slow right now, so I would try to be patient but if you can get them around 120k I'd be a buyer.

Edited by Sixer
  • Like 1

looking at their website, prices across their Malibu listings look a little *optimistic* IMO (compared to listings elsewhere).  but as always something is only worth what a buyer is willing to pay -- if someone wants exactly that color scheme or option combo or has a timeline to meet, maybe they'd happily pay that price.  listing is also a starting point - wouldn't be afraid to attempt to negotiate as ECFC obviously have other inventory as well. 

Being a brokerage boat may work to your advantage -- an individual seller needs you to buy a particular boat vs a dealership who makes money regardless of what you choose; fact that ECFC has other similar options is good from buyer perspective cause you have options and seller will know that.  Individual sellers always have unique circumstances, sometimes a lower offer with quick sale is compelling for whatever reason.

Buying a cheaper boat and shipping is certainly an option, but i'd say it should be significantly cheaper (maybe by >$15k?) to justify the shipping cost ($5k?), unknowns from buying remote (or costs of traveling for test-drives etc), and if you need a dealer relationship for service thats a disadvantage that'll cost you money (or time) too.  

bucrewalt
2 hours ago, CaptainMorgan said:

looking at their website, prices across their Malibu listings look a little *optimistic* IMO (compared to listings elsewhere).  but as always something is only worth what a buyer is willing to pay -- if someone wants exactly that color scheme or option combo or has a timeline to meet, maybe they'd happily pay that price.  listing is also a starting point - wouldn't be afraid to attempt to negotiate as ECFC obviously have other inventory as well. 

Being a brokerage boat may work to your advantage -- an individual seller needs you to buy a particular boat vs a dealership who makes money regardless of what you choose; fact that ECFC has other similar options is good from buyer perspective cause you have options and seller will know that.  Individual sellers always have unique circumstances, sometimes a lower offer with quick sale is compelling for whatever reason.

Buying a cheaper boat and shipping is certainly an option, but i'd say it should be significantly cheaper (maybe by >$15k?) to justify the shipping cost ($5k?), unknowns from buying remote (or costs of traveling for test-drives etc), and if you need a dealer relationship for service thats a disadvantage that'll cost you money (or time) too.  

I am glad it's not just me they seem pretty much higher than any other region.  My big concern is the service risk around time if I were to go out of market.  

On one hand if you buy local it's nice to have a good relationship with your local dealer and in turn you would expect to be treated well when it comes to warranty issues and other service items.  On the other hand, is it really worth 30k extra to maintain that relationship?  You will get a lot of varying opinions on this topic, and a lot of it depends on how the local dealership will treat you in the end.  

HollywoodBall

Based off of a year of shopping preowned boats last year, and seeing quotes on leftover '22 NEW inventory late last summer, I'd put it around $125K. Dealer quotes I saw were for new 23 LSV and new 24 MXZ, Mid-Atlantic region.

23 hours ago, Sixer said:

On one hand if you buy local it's nice to have a good relationship with your local dealer and in turn you would expect to be treated well when it comes to warranty issues and other service items.  On the other hand, is it really worth 30k extra to maintain that relationship?  You will get a lot of varying opinions on this topic, and a lot of it depends on how the local dealership will treat you in the end.  

$30k no way, buy another brand of boat if thats the only new/holdover dealer option in Malibu