Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M220 Issue with Ballast Tank Appearing / Disappearing on Wakeview Screen

Hi All,

I have a 2022 M220 and was having an issue last season with the middle ballast tank appearing / disappearing on the Wakeview screen (i.e. At some times, it just wouldn't show up at all on the graphic).  

The boat is in storage at the shop, but according to them, Malibu can't offer them any ideas about what the problem might be.  Wondering if anyone else has had similar issues and if so, what was the solution.  I find it's always good to point someone in a direction before they tear my boat apart looking for a needle in a haystack.

Now you see it....

IMG_5851.thumb.jpg.176eb7e3a58588af31a203f44dc37957.jpg

Now You don't.....

×IMG_5852.thumb.jpg.dbaa7abd4bbc5de16de832269dde7d69.jpg

Maybe it didn't like Taylor Swift?  Just kidding, that's not a good joke.  
If the tank has water in it, does the little bar graph at the side show an indication even when the graphic in the center disappears?  
I'm not a Malibu guru, but coming from vehicle OEMs, I'd hazard to guess that if the bar continues to show fill level, it's not a signal issue from the sensor (like if the sensor was unplugged, the display is smart enough not to show it?) but if the bar gauge on the right drops out too, I'd start thinking connection issue with the level sensor.  If the bar gauge does show level and the graphic display goes away I'd lean towards software issues in either the display or the processor for the display (like a PC monitor may show an issue but it only shows what it's being told/not being told to show on the screen). 

Bar graph does show up, and show's a level that jumps around, so it's impossible to tell the actual level of water in the tank (show's full, jumps to empty).  It does show up, though....

As for Taylor Swift, such is life with teenage daughters.  The photos were taken the same day, so same playlist!