Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Toyota recall

oldjeep

I handwash. No scratch making machines for me. I will leave it filthy before running it thru them.

Just checked..this isn't the detail thread. Ya I don't drive toyoyos. Thread back on track.

Edited by carguy79ta
5 hours ago, oldjeep said:

Lol.  I think I washed my truck 3 times last year.  It is parked outside - hard to get too concerned about it being clean.

My boat is garaged (all my vehicles are).  I know with 100% certainty that the moment it hits the water, it will have water spots.  It gets road grime on the way home and back to the lake, but I still wash it after every use.  

Same logic for a car in my book.  I’ve been known to wash my Jeep on the way home during snow storms.  At least it gets most of the grime and road treatment off before it goes in the garage.

And in regard to the recall, it seems to me that there is a difference between the engine being engaged vs disengaged.  But I also wouldn’t leave it in neutral without a park brake or foot on the brake.  But something has to keep the litigators working.

• Like 1
On 2/23/2024 at 8:36 AM, shawndoggy said:

Well I guess I know what's cheaper in Reno?  Actually there's a $5 place with free vacuums!

down here in LA its $16-18 unlimited inc the vacuums