Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2021 Axis A24 94 gallon gas tank??

Btown801

I just purchased a 2021 Axis A24. The axis website said 94 gallon tank. I just lifted the Vdrive cover a the gas tank size says 76gallons…. Seems like a ton of open space on top of it. I am wondering if they changed to the 94 in 22 or 23. Either way can I swap in a 94? I boat on Lake Powell and yes those extra gallons matter to me. Seems like tank swap would be pretty easy. Anyone have the 94 gallon part number?

The A245 has a 94 gallon gas tank. The 2021 A24 is a 76 gallon gas tank. No idea if you could put a 94 gallon tank in the A24 (although my guess would be no). I hear you though - you can never have too much gas at Powell!

I see 2022 and 2023 A24’s online listing 94 gallons and it’s the same hull.  I looked under the floor and there is almost 5 inches between the top of the tank and the floor panel. My suspicion is that they just got a 5 inch taller tank.  

On 2/19/2024 at 3:44 PM, Btown801 said:

I see 2022 and 2023 A24’s online listing 94 gallons and it’s the same hull.  I looked under the floor and there is almost 5 inches between the top of the tank and the floor panel. My suspicion is that they just got a 5 inch taller tank.  

my 14 axis (assume as well as others) had a stamped/pressed badge in the tank plastic by the vdrive hatch showing 44 gallons.  i believe this was not the spec’d tank size in published specs . the published number was either 40 or 48, cant remember ,  ask them what the stock boat tank is stamped with 

@granddaddy55 the pdf manual for the 2023 model year lists the gas tank as a 94.  My tank says 76 gallons on it. If anyone on here has a 2023 A24, please post the part number on that gas tank.