Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2014 23 LSV

Hey Guys, My 2014 23lsv wakesetter main screen in the centre with the buttons on either side has recently started only functioning whilst the maliview screen to the right is in night mode. The screen still operates but the buttons won’t activate any of the options until the maliview has been put into night mode then everything works perfect. Any ideas? Thanks 

Just bumping this up for you. I had to replace that center screen on my 2014 because it delaminated. Certainly a different problem than you are experiencing. 

That is a strange problem.  This is how I understand the function of the system.

The MTC (touch screen) communicates via the CAN (controller area network) to the other modules in the boat, so when you touch NIGHT on the MTC it sends data to the Viper module which creates a certain resistance on the backlighting circuit (depending on the MTC dim setting) which is controlled by the Power module 1 dash light circuit.

The most common causes of irratic behavior are low voltage or communication problems.  Low voltage can be caused by low system voltage (battery), a loose / corroded connection, or damaged wire.  Communication issues can be caused by loose / corroded connections, damaged wires, or an internal fault in a connected module.

Check the battery condition and connections, the ground buss bar connections under the dash, and the power cable connections to the power modules under the dash.  Check for loose connections at the Viper module, on the left / right Malivue button harness connectors, and the main 16 pin dash connector.  Disconnect, reconnect, and wiggle the harness on each plug.

If the problem continues, checking for a faulty module on the CAN can be done by disconnecting one module at a time, then turning on the power to see if the problem persists.  Modules on the CAN include:  Viper controller, Primarily power module, Secondary power module, rear MUX buttons, Mobile device gateway, Rockford radio interface, GPS module, Surf gate controller, paddlewheel, depth transducer, and engine ECM.  The main 16 pin dash and engine harness connectors could also be checked if needed.