Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

WetSoundsTech

dizzygti
1 hour ago, RyanG said:

I hate the Medallion system that runs it all kinds of problems.  Is there any way to switch it out to what comes in the 2024 and have everything work with the surf system? \

Same....my dealer isn't much help.  

WetSoundsTech
38 minutes ago, RyanG said:

The dealership went down that path and they couldn’t get it figured out. I have a friend and that is a wetsounds dealer. Would you by chance no what I would need to have him order for me?

if he's a dealer then he might be familiar with what's needed if not then he will need to reach out to his ws rep for further assistance. 

Thanks for the response. If I’m understanding you though, you are saying that it is possible to do?

WetSoundsTech
1 hour ago, RyanG said:

Thanks for the response. If I’m understanding you though, you are saying that it is possible to do?

I'm not sure what features you may lose by changing out the OEM source but you sure can go to a full aftermarket WetSounds application or even go with an aftermarket unit like our MC-1 or MC-20 but the dealer would need to be familiar with what the process might need there are adapters most dealers will make themselves to go to a full aftermarket set up but if your keeping the OEM amps then its just a mater of making the correct adapter so signal can go to the OEM-DSP amps depending on what models are in the boat. if the model number of the amp is Example: (HTX-6 DSP-OE) then the amp has a oem harness and it does not have RCAS and a harness will need to be made in order to make the connections needed now if the model number is (HTX-6 DSP) then the amp will have RCAS and will be a way easier application to change the radio. 

7 minutes ago, WetSoundsTech said:

I'm not sure what features you may lose by changing out the OEM source but you sure can go to a full aftermarket WetSounds application or even go with an aftermarket unit like our MC-1 or MC-20 but the dealer would need to be familiar with what the process might need there are adapters most dealers will make themselves to go to a full aftermarket set up but if your keeping the OEM amps then its just a mater of making the correct adapter so signal can go to the OEM-DSP amps depending on what models are in the boat. if the model number of the amp is Example: (HTX-6 DSP-OE) then the amp has a oem harness and it does not have RCAS and a harness will need to be made in order to make the connections needed now if the model number is (HTX-6 DSP) then the amp will have RCAS and will be a way easier application to change the radio. 

Awesome thanks again 

7 hours ago, RyanG said:

I have a 2022 Axis T250 with Wetsounds speakers and amps. I hate the Medallion system that runs it all kinds of problems.  Is there any way to switch it out to what comes in the 2024 and have everything work with the surf system? My local dealer is telling me no. I spoke with Wetsounds at the SEMA show and they said yes. 

This is a completely independent answer; In regards to amplifiers, any media unit is going to supply an audio signal to the OEM amps. There may be some  connectors to work around, but thats just the physical part  of it. The issue is going to be the integration of any new media unit with the 2022 helm system. Your axis dealer may be correct. The 2024 media unit may not integrate with the 2022. The answer may need to come from Malibu, Medallion or whomever supplies the media unit and helm system for the 2024.   

Appreciate the feedback. That’s what I figured was the problem would be back into the integration. I dislike medallion system so much that I’m willing to lose the benefit of it, just so I can airplay or plug an IPhone in without the system locking up.

• Like 1

Just picked up my 2023 m220. This will be my last boat with Wetsounds stereo. I will do stereo delete on all the rest of my Malibu boats. The digital tuning on these amps is hot garbage. Don’t even get me started on Malibus stupid plastic boxes. The sub rattles so bad when the bass hits my wife thought something was going to explode on the boat. 

I should have known nothing has gotten better with the garbage tuning and box I had in my 2020 Malibu. I know Wetsounds is good stuff, but you’d think Wetsounds wouldn’t want their name on this stuff and let it leave the factory like this. There is no way a Wetsounds tech would listen to this stereo in my $200+ boat and say yeah good to go. Send it out. 

So fricken frustrating!!!!

I will post pics of the box I took out. It had so many gaps and missing screws it was embarrassing.  The speaker mounted in the box had literally 4 screws into it and the sub is a shallow mount sub. WTF would they put in a shallow mount sub?  Makes zero sense. 

WetSoundsTech

12 hours ago, dwc032 said:

Just picked up my 2023 m220. This will be my last boat with Wetsounds stereo. I will do stereo delete on all the rest of my Malibu boats. The digital tuning on these amps is hot garbage. Don’t even get me started on Malibus stupid plastic boxes. The sub rattles so bad when the bass hits my wife thought something was going to explode on the boat. 

I should have known nothing has gotten better with the garbage tuning and box I had in my 2020 Malibu. I know Wetsounds is good stuff, but you’d think Wetsounds wouldn’t want their name on this stuff and let it leave the factory like this. There is no way a Wetsounds tech would listen to this stereo in my $200+ boat and say yeah good to go. Send it out. 

So fricken frustrating!!!!

I will post pics of the box I took out. It had so many gaps and missing screws it was embarrassing.  The speaker mounted in the box had literally 4 screws into it and the sub is a shallow mount sub. WTF would they put in a shallow mount sub?  Makes zero sense. 

Please provide pics that way I can show the OEM team here so they can address the issue when they make their visits to the factory. what audio package came with your boat? there could be a issue where they didnt load the correct tune on it you can look in the settings and see you can email [email protected] and they can help confirm if its the correct file.

2 hours ago, WetSoundsTech said:

Please provide pics that way I can show the OEM team here so they can address the issue when they make their visits to the factory. what audio package came with your boat? there could be a issue where they didnt load the correct tune on it you can look in the settings and see you can email [email protected] and they can help confirm if its the correct file.

I will send pics of the box when I get home from work and the tune it has. But can you answer the question why a shallow mount sub was used?  The boat came with the M220 sound pack. Funny Malibu charges 1500 for a sub that is for sale on your website for 550  

IMG_4655.png

Edited by dwc032
  • Like 1
WetSoundsTech
6 minutes ago, dwc032 said:

I will send pics of the box when I get home from work and the tune it has. But can you answer the question why a shallow mount sub was used?  The boat came with the M220 sound pack. Funny Malibu charges 1500 for a sub that is for sale on your website for 550  

That would be a question you will want to ask when you send the email to our OEM team I know there are a few box and sub options but they would be more familiar with what is supposed to be installed in that package. 

DRB10SEVEN
17 hours ago, dwc032 said:

That is a shame the build quality of the box is so poor. If there is any air leakage on any box it will sound like absolute trash. (obviously)

The fact that it is a "shallow" sub in itself isn't really a problem. It's a Zero 12 I assume? I don't think you would have any complaints with it if it was tuned correctly, which it sounds like it isn't at all. Making sure it is in an appropriately sized enclosure is top of the list IMO. 

55 minutes ago, DRB10SEVEN said:

That is a shame the build quality of the box is so poor. If there is any air leakage on any box it will sound like absolute trash. (obviously)

The fact that it is a "shallow" sub in itself isn't really a problem. It's a Zero 12 I assume? I don't think you would have any complaints with it if it was tuned correctly, which it sounds like it isn't at all. Making sure it is in an appropriately sized enclosure is top of the list IMO. 

Yes zero 12. Good to know on the sub thank you. I will be replacing all the amps and putting in tune-able ones here shortly.  

2 hours ago, DRB10SEVEN said:

That is a shame the build quality of the box is so poor.

Been this way since like 2011. I cant count the number of enclosures ive tossed and in favor of a proper custom enclosure for the rockford 12". 

• Like 3
23 hours ago, MLA said:

Been this way since like 2011. I cant count the number of enclosures ive tossed and in favor of a proper custom enclosure for the rockford 12". 

Makes me curious, are the XXX boxes built any bit decent or to spec in the M boats?

2 hours ago, Brandonloos21 said:

Makes me curious, are the XXX boxes built any bit decent or to spec in the M boats?

My 2020 23 MXZ box was just as bad as the M220 I have. And I paid for the upgraded audio package. Thats why I am having you make all my plugs and doing my own thing..lol. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, dwc032 said:

My 2020 23 MXZ box was just as bad as the M220 I have. And I paid for the upgraded audio package. Thats why I am having you make all my plugs and doing my own thing..lol. 

Do the m220’s come w xxx subs?

2 hours ago, Brandonloos21 said:

Do the m220’s come w xxx subs?

Mine came with a shallow mount zero 12” sub. I am not saying it’s not a good sub, but WTF did they put a shallow mount sub when there is no reason to do so. There is a ton of room under the helm. I put a JL W6 in a ported box in there and there is still room to spare. 

8 hours ago, dwc032 said:

Mine came with a shallow mount zero 12” sub. I am not saying it’s not a good sub, but WTF did they put a shallow mount sub when there is no reason to do so. There is a ton of room under the helm. I put a JL W6 in a ported box in there and there is still room to spare. 

@MountainRider05 squeezed a XXX15 ported in his m220 helm!

DRB10SEVEN
8 hours ago, dwc032 said:

Even if they have room for a bigger sub enclosure, they still likely chose a Zero due to the smaller sealed enclosure size requirements. If you can have a great sounding sub that takes up less space that seems like what they were trying to shoot for. (poorly it seems)

I have a JL 10W6v3 in a ported box in my 247 as well, but in fairness the W6 series subs require very little airspace even in a ported box. The Zero 10 for instance needs more airspace than a 10" W6 in a ported enclosure. Like 20% more airspace. The form factor makes no difference IMO unless you just prefer high excursion subs like the W6. But there are much "larger" motors on inferior subs than the Zero that have less Xmax, just as an example, so it is a design difference, not necessarily a performance difference.

Again, I completely understand why you are frustrated with the audio on your boat, I just don't know why the fact that the Zero is "shallow" bothers you specifically. If you really just want a bigger sub, I say go for it.