Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

WetSoundsTech

WetSoundsTech

I wanted to make a location for those who have questions regarding Wet Sounds OEM side of things if you need help with trouble shooting your system.

• Like 2

With stereo pack 3, two pairs of Rev 10's, and the 12" sub, the sub output seems week unless I bump that zone up +5 over the other zones.    This is in an Axis, so the sub isn't in a box, it's mounted directly to the helm.   Not sure if this applies as it's related to the head unit (not sure what else to call it, I'm a boat stereo noob), but is there a way to lock the zone settings so they don't reset when volume is turned down to zero?    The auto volume/speed compensation is annoying so I manually control volume while a rider is surfing.    When they fall, I want to be able to communicate with the rider on pickup/restart, so often turn the volume way down and accidentally hit zero at times, which resets the zone settings.   May not be possible but thought I'd ask....

• Like 2

This is a great idea!

I mentioned this in another thread you responded to, and was pointed out by a user in the facebook tech tips group.  If you stream from Spotify, be sure your playback settings are set to "Loud" as their standard playback settings are several decibels lower than Apple and others.  I just updated that on my phone and it made a substantial improvement in the sound in our T220, especially from the subwoofer.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
WetSoundsTech
24 minutes ago, dizzygti said:

With stereo pack 3, two pairs of Rev 10's, and the 12" sub, the sub output seems week unless I bump that zone up +5 over the other zones.    This is in an Axis, so the sub isn't in a box, it's mounted directly to the helm.   Not sure if this applies as it's related to the head unit (not sure what else to call it, I'm a boat stereo noob), but is there a way to lock the zone settings so they don't reset when volume is turned down to zero?    The auto volume/speed compensation is annoying so I manually control volume while a rider is surfing.    When they fall, I want to be able to communicate with the rider on pickup/restart, so often turn the volume way down and accidentally hit zero at times, which resets the zone settings.   May not be possible but thought I'd ask....

that would be a question for Malibu's tech regarding there MFD interface if this was our MC-1 unit the zone would stay set to where you leave them so if the mc-1 turns off or gets turned down the zones will stay the same as you left them. 

On 5/29/2020 at 12:57 PM, Slurpee said:

So just kicking off this thread for posterity. 

For starters I have just about everything in from Earmark and the stuff from my old boat ready to go. 

Big shout out to @Earmark Marine! As always Odin is amazing. If y’all didn’t know this is the last few days of the group buy. So hurry up and don’t miss 20% off and free shipping.

My goal like my last boat is to be active DSP on each speaker in the boat. 

So two of the new JL MV800/8i amps replace my old TWK88 DSPs. They’ll be bridged to give me 8x 200W outputs to the cabin speakers. Stock Wetsounds coaxials. 

I will have the  same SDX2 driving my two pair of JL M880ETX tower speakers mounted over the bimini. 

I will have a new SDX2 driving two JL 12W6 subs. One in a ported box in the helm. The other in a ported box under the seats. 

And of course the Fusion Apollo headunit moves into the new build from the old driving it all. I’ll keep the factory black box wired in as an alternate input to the DSPs but I honestly don’t expect to ever use it just like last time. 

5D9C177A-6EAA-4146-BC6B-65595107F024.jpeg

On 1/23/2024 at 11:59 AM, WetSoundsTech said:

I wanted to make a location for those who have questions regarding Wet Sounds OEM side of things if you need help with trouble shooting your system.

I just bought a low hour 2019 25ft LSV.

everything is OEM..

I have several questions..

There is eight- 8” inch cabin speakers would you happen to know which WS speakers they are and what the wattage is on those..? They have a sticker on each that says MB-8

Also, what is the best way to re-amp the cabin speakers in dealing with the harnesses on this amp..? I’m wanting to pump it up with a sinister SYN-dx-6..

Do I have to put a whole new head unit in where the surf controls are at with the volume knob by the windshield walk-thru? I’d like to keep all of that stock.

For the tower rev 10’s I want to run the SYN 2.3…

The little sub under the dash is pathetic, I know what to do w that.. Along with adding a 15” sub in a sealed box on the other side 

I’m obviously not worried about the warranty stuff so if you have any further suggestions for me  I’m open for recommendations.

thanks- David

You have the bug.  You're going to have a lot of fun. Wow, that picture you quoted takes me back. I'm still using all those amps and the head unit.  SD2's are just beasts for towers and subs.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, WetSoundsTech said:

that would be a question for Malibu's tech regarding there MFD interface if this was our MC-1 unit the zone would stay set to where you leave them so if the mc-1 turns off or gets turned down the zones will stay the same as you left them. 

So reach out to Malibu, try to get a tech's ear, explain what is going on, and hope that he can close the gap between the dealer and getting the issue resolved.    But what you're saying is this shouldn't happen?   Thanks in advance.   

WetSoundsTech
7 minutes ago, dizzygti said:

So reach out to Malibu, try to get a tech's ear, explain what is going on, and hope that he can close the gap between the dealer and getting the issue resolved.    But what you're saying is this shouldn't happen?   Thanks in advance.   

sorry if I made it seam like it shouldn't happen I'm not sure if that's a feature for the oem source unit or not you would need to reach out to Malibu tech regarding if that's a feature and if so why its not working or that might not be a thing for them but feedback they might see as helpful and with enough people talking about it might be a future update down the road if possible. 

WetSoundsTech
11 hours ago, dav4rlMXZ said:

I just bought a low hour 2019 25ft LSV.

everything is OEM..

I have several questions..

There is eight- 8” inch cabin speakers would you happen to know which WS speakers they are and what the wattage is on those..? They have a sticker on each that says MB-8 

The MB-8s are going to be the same specs as our REVO 8s so they area a 4ohm speaker and ask for 150w RMS.

Also, what is the best way to re-amp the cabin speakers in dealing with the harnesses on this amp..? I’m wanting to pump it up with a sinister SYN-dx-6.. 

If the current amps are OEM plugs and you want to go with a retail style amp you will need adapters to plug in to the OEM wire harness that will provide you with RCA ends if you are okay with modifying the harness

you can order RCA with wire leads and cut the plug and hardwire them in. if you look at the OEM DSP amps where the plugs are connected the amp has a diagram that will tell you what pin is what.

Do I have to put a whole new head unit in where the surf controls are at with the volume knob by the windshield walk-thru? I’d like to keep all of that stock.

You can keep the OEM radio in line if you get the adapters to change to a retail amp or if you hardwire your set up if you need to find a local dealer i can assist just send me a message. 

For the tower rev 10’s I want to run the SYN 2.3…

This would be a good match the REV 10s are a 4ohm speaker and the Syn-dx2.3HP does 300x2 at 4ohm and 600x2 at 2ohms so it could run up to 2 pairs of rev10s WS recommends set the settings to HIGH PASS and the frequency to 80hz.

The little sub under the dash is pathetic, I know what to do w that.. Along with adding a 15” sub in a sealed box on the other side 

A ported enclosure would perform better if you have the room for a bigger box.

I’m obviously not worried about the warranty stuff so if you have any further suggestions for me  I’m open for recommendations.

thanks- David

hey david see my replies in Bold.

2 hours ago, WetSoundsTech said:

sorry if I made it seam like it shouldn't happen I'm not sure if that's a feature for the oem source unit or not you would need to reach out to Malibu tech regarding if that's a feature and if so why its not working or that might not be a thing for them but feedback they might see as helpful and with enough people talking about it might be a future update down the road if possible. 

Yeah, this isn't your fault, but I can see this being a dead end.   I will try to get in contact with Malibu.   Thanks again.  

On 1/24/2024 at 8:30 PM, Slurpee said:

You have the bug.  You're going to have a lot of fun. Wow, that picture you quoted takes me back. I'm still using all those amps and the head unit.  SD2's are just beasts for towers and subs.

Do you recommend putting in a new head unit receiver Vs the stock?

Of so, what do you do with the surf controls and volume knob..?

A new head unit would have a volume knob. I don’t like the surf controls and didn’t order them to begin with. The touchscreen is fine. I get away with that because I knew I would want a different head unit from the beginning. I wanted Airplay capability and that’s the sole reason I deleted the surf dash to make room for a headunit and not use the built in HU. If Bluetooth works for you, then a new HU is really unnecessary.  I wouldn’t change advise changing away.

• 1 month later...

On another note- you know of my one that has run a 15” sub in a 25 LSV…?

if so just wondering where and how they installed it..

I had a Q Bomb in my 24 MXZ but there was a lot more room in the compartment than there is in a 25 LSV..

WetSoundsTech
12 hours ago, dav4rlMXZ said:

On another note- you know of my one that has run a 15” sub in a 25 LSV…?

if so just wondering where and how they installed it..

I had a Q Bomb in my 24 MXZ but there was a lot more room in the compartment than there is in a 25 LSV..

i dont know anyone personally might have to get creative and sacrifice a key location in order to fit one. 

WetSoundsTech
9 hours ago, dav4rlMXZ said:

Thanks for the response 😎

no problem if you need help finding a local shop in the cypress area let me know and i can see whos in your area that way can get a tech to see what options might work out. the 15XXX ask for 3cuft here is the link to the box we recommend you might be able to see if it will fit in a spot if not then would have to have a custom box builder design it differently but still match the specs needed. 

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://20801275.fs1.hubspotusercontent-na1.net/hubfs/20801275/Sub%20Enclosure%20Info/REVO%2015xxx%20Sub%20Enclosure%20Sheet.pdf

5 hours ago, WetSoundsTech said:

no problem if you need help finding a local shop in the cypress area let me know and i can see whos in your area that way can get a tech to see what options might work out. the 15XXX ask for 3cuft here is the link to the box we recommend you might be able to see if it will fit in a spot if not then would have to have a custom box builder design it differently but still match the specs needed. 

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://20801275.fs1.hubspotusercontent-na1.net/hubfs/20801275/Sub%20Enclosure%20Info/REVO%2015xxx%20Sub%20Enclosure%20Sheet.pdf

https://20801275.fs1.hubspotusercontent-na1.net/hubfs/20801275/Sub Enclosure Info/REVO 15xxx Sub Enclosure Sheet.pdf

On 1/24/2024 at 2:48 PM, dizzygti said:

When a rider falls I pause the source. Works great and no need to touch the volume.

dizzygti
52 minutes ago, Weaklink said:

When a rider falls I pause the source. Works great and no need to touch the volume.

Yeah, well about half the time, hitting next track or pause on the MBB Viper head unit causes it to reset.....I'm guessing that isn't normal behavior.   

WetSoundsTech
10 minutes ago, dizzygti said:

Yeah, well about half the time, hitting next track or pause on the MBB Viper head unit causes it to reset.....I'm guessing that isn't normal behavior.   

double check with the dealer to make sure it has the most recent update for the MBB Viper box might just need a simple update for fix the hiccups 

dizzygti
8 minutes ago, WetSoundsTech said:

double check with the dealer to make sure it has the most recent update for the MBB Viper box might just need a simple update for fix the hiccups 

Yeah, that's the plan, but I'm not real confident in their abilities.   

3 minutes ago, teamerickson said:

@dizzygti Please report back if you get an update to the MBB. I have a similar issue.

Will do, but see above.   

• 5 weeks later...

I have a 2022 Axis T250 with Wetsounds speakers and amps. I hate the Medallion system that runs it all kinds of problems.  Is there any way to switch it out to what comes in the 2024 and have everything work with the surf system? My local dealer is telling me no. I spoke with Wetsounds at the SEMA show and they said yes. 

WetSoundsTech
1 hour ago, RyanG said:

I have a 2022 Axis T250 with Wetsounds speakers and amps. I hate the Medallion system that runs it all kinds of problems.  Is there any way to switch it out to what comes in the 2024 and have everything work with the surf system? My local dealer is telling me no. I spoke with Wetsounds at the SEMA show and they said yes. 

The dealer might not have a tech comfortable with doing that type of application would ask them to reach out to there Malibu rep on the process or find a Malibu dealer in your area that would be capable or unless you want to go complete WS Aftermarket then would want to find a WS dealer in your area for that process. 

The dealership went down that path and they couldn’t get it figured out. I have a friend and that is a wetsounds dealer. Would you by chance no what I would need to have him order for me?