Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2024 Boat Show impressions

CaptainMorgan

8 hours ago, jjackkrash said:

Its 45 days unti what i consider the start of ski season.  March 10, daylight savings, is the first day I can ski after work without leaving early.  Just 45 days. . .  

I usually ski on that day, but it's on snow. It is also the day our lake association ice out contest starts.

13 hours ago, The Hulk said:

Nautique S series (not GS) was intriguing and stood out to me. 25ft boat at 160k!

On the Nautique website it says the S25 starts at $225,606.  You're saying they're giving almost 30% off the S models?  The G23 I showed above was only ~14% off, and the Paragon was ~12.5% off.  The Nautique S21 starts at $183,047.  13% off that would be about that $160k range.  You sure you were looking at the 25' boat?  My pics were form the Minneapolis boat show as well.

Edited by Sixer

Sixer, the S25 at the Chicago show had a sticker of $293,836, and was discounted to $207,410 for the show.  $86,426 off, or 29.4% off. The GS24 there was 28.5% off, $169,375 for a boat with a sticker of $236,923.

The Paragon 23 was 18.6% off, priced at $340,720 on a $418,596 sticker.

Edited by Nick55

I can swear it was 160K range.. That's why I was shocked.. I should have taken a picture I don't think the stand was in the wrong spot or near the wrong boat.. I swear it said S25. 

I was like why buy a 25 LSV if you can buy that.. But no clue on Wave/performance.. as you know the nautique's have clean fit and finish. The S looked very clean less all the gizmos or actuator tower.. I was pleasantly surprised.. I didn't spend a lot of time diagnosing it through.. 

Edited by The Hulk

I spent a decent amount of time on the S23 this summer and was very impressed. Really solid and well thought out/purpose built boat. Wave sets up easily and super adjustable, handles chop surprisingly well too.
That price sounds about right compared to what I’ve heard after exchange to Canadian. 

14 hours ago, bcoppess23 said:

Sounds like you need to make a trip down to Indy again.  Come the same time @The Hulk comes and we can all grab drinks!

I am thinking about it.  The Indy boat show runs 2 weekends correct?  The first weekend of their show I will be in Arizona, but I might come down for the second weekend.

9 hours ago, Sixer said:

On the Nautique website it says the S25 starts at $225,606.  You're saying they're giving almost 30% off the S models?  The G23 I showed above was only ~14% off, and the Paragon was ~12.5% off.  The Nautique S21 starts at $183,047.  13% off that would be about that $160k range.  You sure you were looking at the 25' boat?  My pics were form the Minneapolis boat show as well.

key word for their budget line being thats where it STARTS; add any features and you know it'll go way up like below...

8 hours ago, Nick55 said:

Sixer, the S25 at the Chicago show had a sticker of $293,836, and was discounted to $207,410 for the show.  $86,426 off, or 29.4% off. The GS24 there was 28.5% off, $169,375 for a boat with a sticker of $236,923.

The Paragon 23 was 18.6% off, priced at $340,720 on a $418,596 sticker.

its almost like MSRP is becoming irrelevant...who wudda thunk it:tease2:

IMO, the budget boats aren't as budget as they used to be -- often outfitted with a handful of features that used to be premium only (cool-feel/touch vinyl, touchscreens with pre-sets, hinged/shocked seats, wireless chargers).

ahopkins22LSV
4 minutes ago, CaptainMorgan said:

key word for their budget line being thats where it STARTS; add any features and you know it'll go way up like below...

its almost like MSRP is becoming irrelevant...who wudda thunk it:tease2:

IMO, the budget boats aren't as budget as they used to be -- often outfitted with a handful of features that used to be premium only (cool-feel/touch vinyl, touchscreens with pre-sets, hinged/shocked seats, wireless chargers).

One could argue that it isn't a budget boat anymore after you add those options. when Axis launched in 2011-12 ish, they were BARE bones with only wake/wave performance in mind. A true budget boat. Then customer demand drove the option list to grow. The options were added and boats were bought, so they kept going. 

@The Hulk I'm not saying you are wrong, just didn't seem consistent with Marine Max pricing on the other boats. I didn't even look at the Nautiques that closely to be honest.

It's interesting to hear boat show prices from other regions of the country. I think MN is typically on the higher end of the price spectrum. 

On a side note the local dealer has a 2024 Axis t250 for just over 150k on their website pretty nicely equipped (M6, heater, cleats, etc). I'm not as familiar with my Axis prices but if you say Nautique has the S25 for 160k that makes the Axis still look like a decent price point. 

1 minute ago, Sixer said:

@The Hulk I'm not saying you are wrong, just didn't seem consistent with Marine Max pricing on the other boats. I didn't even look at the Nautiques that closely to be honest.

It's interesting to hear boat show prices from other regions of the country. I think MN is typically on the higher end of the price spectrum. 

On a side note the local dealer has a 2024 Axis t250 for just over 150k on their website pretty nicely equipped (M6, heater, cleats, etc). I'm not as familiar with my Axis prices but if you say Nautique has the S25 for 160k that makes the Axis still look like a decent price point. 

I didn't even see the Nautiques at the MN boat show - where were they hiding them?

2 hours ago, Hemmy said:

I am thinking about it.  The Indy boat show runs 2 weekends correct?  The first weekend of their show I will be in Arizona, but I might come down for the second weekend.

Correct.  Runs 2/16-18, 2/21-25.  I'll be there in the Malibu booth Sat/Sun both weekends. 

1 hour ago, oldjeep said:

I didn't even see the Nautiques at the MN boat show - where were they hiding them?

If your Malibu dealer was on the right end as you went in, Marine Max was in the middle row almost all the the way down on the left end.  I only saw a few boats there, seemed like they had a smaller space compared to prior years (pre-covid).  I don't think they were even there the last year or 2.

Edited by Sixer
3 minutes ago, Sixer said:

If your Malibu dealer was on the right end as you went in, Marine Max was in the middle row almost all the the way down on the left end.  I only saw a few boats there, seemed like they had a smaller space compared to prior years (pre-covid).  I don't think they were even there the last year or 2.

Must have not noticed them when my wife was spending a couple grand on plastic lawn furniture in that general area ;)  ( Went to the bar in the middle of the furniture display while that was happening)

Edited by oldjeep
7 hours ago, oldjeep said:

Must have not noticed them when my wife was spending a couple grand on plastic lawn furniture in that general area ;)  ( Went to the bar in the middle of the furniture display while that was happening)

Couple grand was like 1-2 chairs there!!! Crazy an outdoor furniture set can easily be 10-12k!!! 

11 hours ago, Sixer said:

150k axis vs 160k nautique for a 25ft boat.. axis tower is a joke compared to nautique's ... I'll say I was shocked to say the least. S was a darn clean and good looking boat

no brainier if they are that close in price IMO.. I imagine being a nautique it will increase in price quickly... If they keep it around axis pricing it will steal some business for sure

Edited by The Hulk
51 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

150k axis vs 160k nautique for a 25ft boat.. axis tower is a joke compared to nautique's ... I'll say I was shocked to say the least. S was a darn clean and good looking boat

no brainier if they are that close in price IMO.. I imagine being a nautique it will increase in price quickly... If they keep it around axis pricing it will steal some business for sure

i had never seen/heard of the S25 until this thread.  Shaun Murray walk-thru videos online look real nice...but with starting at $225k still skeptical a dealer would be actually be selling one at 160k especially once some options are added (if they did, i agree T250 shoppers would be tempted).  

anyone ever surfed one of these S models?  says 2800 lbs of ballast, plus 500 lbs of plugnplay.  thought a boat that big may need more weight, but not sure if their hull/gadgets don't need it?

(side note: i find it funny that Nautique likes to put their name in the widgets on the boat "NCRS = nautique configurable running surface" and "NSS = Nautique Surf System" and there's the "Nautique Steering Assist")

Traditionally Nautiques actually get worse with extra weight hence the lighter ballast totals. Little bits of lead for fine tuning but you put a couple dudes on the back and no bueno. You can definitely feel there’s less displacement in the wave but it’s got equivalent power from the NSS, hard to describe. 

It’s hard to compare base prices especially to a value brand such as Axis. You’re going to find a lot more standard options on the Nautique so getting one at the base price msrp is quite possible. Where as with axis nothing comes standard. 

I probably sound like I’ve drank the Nautique koolaid but just my personal experience. Not many new boats I haven’t been on. 

• Like 1

I'm curious, has anyone seen the new 2024 GS24 pricing? I might have to swing by my Nautique dealer. I know the old gen got bad reviews for being mediocre at everything, but seems like they probably fixed it.

13 hours ago, CaptainMorgan said:

anyone ever surfed one of these S models?  says 2800 lbs of ballast, plus 500 lbs of plugnplay.  thought a boat that big may need more weight, but not sure if their hull/gadgets don't need it?

Nautique's do well on our lake.  Good dealer that orders good looking boats.  (Respect)  I like the look of a G and the P series.  They push the envelope in innovation and I think their quality is the top.  Think their up/down tower, sub for the surfer, etc...  They were all firsts here.  (And being in the composites industry, they are buying the best materials available)

However, those S are not appealing.  I was under the impression consumers buy the traditional bow for the more traditional look.  These look like a traditional boat meets a electric car...  Just odd.

Has anyone surfed a Nautique that surfs?  I have been on three and most can barely turn on the radio (due to complexity).  GS22 couldn't make a wave.  Literally couldn't.  Couldn't turn on a FM station.  G23 wave was so steep we had to go get another boat for all to be able to surf.  We could surf my bosses G21.

• Like 3

Our show is in two weeks.  We have a solid Tige dealer here.  I am most interested in if you all have seen the Ultre up close?

39 minutes ago, Five Cent Worth said:

Nautique's do well on our lake.  Good dealer that orders good looking boats.  (Respect)  I like the look of a G and the P series.  They push the envelope in innovation and I think their quality is the top.  Think their up/down tower, sub for the surfer, etc...  They were all firsts here.  (And being in the composites industry, they are buying the best materials available)

However, those S are not appealing.  I was under the impression consumers buy the traditional bow for the more traditional look.  These look like a traditional boat meets a electric car...  Just odd.

Has anyone surfed a Nautique that surfs?  I have been on three and most can barely turn on the radio (due to complexity).  GS22 couldn't make a wave.  Literally couldn't.  Couldn't turn on a FM station.  G23 wave was so steep we had to go get another boat for all to be able to surf.  We could surf my bosses G21.

My buddies G25 surfs pretty well.  He can mellow out the traditional steepness pretty well, although it is still there.  And the back of his wave has more push than my 25 LSV.   

Agree on their interface - I still struggle to find controls on his screens, and I drive that boat quite often.   

3 hours ago, Five Cent Worth said:

My G23 surfs great (had a 23 LSV prior).  Wave is fully adjustable from the interface or a Garmin smartwatch (marriage-saver).  There is consistent push throughout the entire wave.  You can recover from really far back.  The interface takes a little to get use to, but it has some commonalities to BMW’s iDrive so we picked up on it quickly.  

6 hours ago, Five Cent Worth said:

I’ve surfed a few g23’s and a G25 and they do surf well and we’ve had great times behind them , but I have found the adjustability/ shape of the wave to have a more vertical shape and not quite a long as the various Malibu’s and mastercrafts over the years. 

the GS and the S I don’t have any on water experience with , but I’m not a huge fan of either. the system interface may seem complex but after a few hrs behind the wheel you get the hang of it

i prefer the shape of the Malibu wave and the seemingly $40k delta between the Bu and it’s G equivalent has kept me from considering them.

Edited by Stevo
  • Like 4