Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2012 Wakesetter VLX Diamond Hull Thoughts

kodyind

Ok gang, I have found a 2012 Wakesetter VLX with a diamond hull, I have been looking for a VTX because I wanted a diamond hull but I found the vlx with a diamond hull so this boat weighs 300 lbs more, 6" wider and a foot longer so any thoughts on how this boat will ski compared to the VTX 

Edited by kodyind
  • 2 weeks later...

I have had both a 2013 VTX and now a 2015 VLX diamond Hull. If you love to ski and you have done slalom course type skiing, the VTX is the way to go. We ran our VTX on a course and it did pretty well--not what our previous Prostar did but not to shabby considering. The only reason we changed was the VTX being a 20 footer was a bit small for the other lakes we visit. Now that we are older we spend more time surfing than skiing. If we do ski, the 22 VLX with diamond hull at 32, 34, 36 mph with a shortened rope length is enjoyable 28 off and 32 off. This being said--growing up we had a Glastron I/O and thought that was great. The VLX skis better than that !! Hope this helps!!