Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Add heater to 2019 21VLX?

Slipstream

Slipstream

Anyone have any info on adding a heater kit?  I'm looking to add a 3 port ( 2 pullout) system. Anyone tell me where the heater core/fan location is in the stock system? Just plugs into the system to be controlled from the stock screen? Do I need the circulation pump for the PCM409 motor? I have had 2 different opinions on this. Looks like the parts are pretty pricey from both the usual suppliers. Thanks for any advice and info. Cheers.

Yes plug and play and you need the pump. I did an install on my 18 LSV back in 2019. Made all 3 pullouts. Had quite a bit of info in a thread back then. I had the Raptor engine.

I installed a 4-outlet heater and ordered directly from OEM Manufacturer.  Saved a bunch of $$.  As previously noted you will need the recirc pump.

Slipstream
On 1/16/2024 at 6:46 PM, BuFootin said:

I installed a 4-outlet heater and ordered directly from OEM Manufacturer.  Saved a bunch of $$.  As previously noted you will need the recirc pump.

Did you install the 4 outlet on your 22' Response? What is the OEM Manufacturer now? I heard they switched. Also, which recirc pump did you get? Just trying to piece this together without spending 2k. Thanks for any info. Cheers

Yes, I installed it in my 2022 Response.  The OEM heater supplier is Maradyne (Maradynemarine.com).  You can order directly from the manufacturer and save yourself several hundred $.  The recirc pump is a Johnson Pump 10-24503-03, 5.3GPM.  All connectors for the pump and heater should already be part of the main wiring harness in the boat.  The heater on/off/speed will be controlled using the dash digital display once connected to the CAN buss.  PM specific details or information.  Good luck!  It’s a pretty easy installation.

@Slipstream I just noticed in your original post you have a different engine than I do.  I have the M5DI.   If your engine uses antifreeze for cooling then the recirc pump will be required.  If it's completely raw water cooled then you could possibly use a Y-pipe off of the raw water pump line.

• 1 month later...

slipstream, did you ever get your heater installed? I am currently installing one on my 410 raptor motor. I purchased the circ pump and wiring harness but am having trouble finding info on installing the wiring harness. Do you happen to have any pics? Thanks. 

On 1/11/2024 at 4:19 PM, Slipstream said:

Anyone have any info on adding a heater kit?  I'm looking to add a 3 port ( 2 pullout) system. Anyone tell me where the heater core/fan location is in the stock system? Just plugs into the system to be controlled from the stock screen? Do I need the circulation pump for the PCM409 motor? I have had 2 different opinions on this. Looks like the parts are pretty pricey from both the usual suppliers. Thanks for any advice and info. Cheers.

On 2/24/2024 at 7:45 PM, cwiley3 said:

slipstream, did you ever get your heater installed? I am currently installing one on my 410 raptor motor. I purchased the circ pump and wiring harness but am having trouble finding info on installing the wiring harness. Do you happen to have any pics? Thanks. 

@dalt1 installed in a raptor i think , above he posted that he needed a oem wiring harness 

• 1 month later...
Slipstream
On 1/19/2024 at 6:57 PM, BuFootin said:

Yes, I installed it in my 2022 Response.  The OEM heater supplier is Maradyne (Maradynemarine.com).  You can order directly from the manufacturer and save yourself several hundred $.  The recirc pump is a Johnson Pump 10-24503-03, 5.3GPM.  All connectors for the pump and heater should already be part of the main wiring harness in the boat.  The heater on/off/speed will be controlled using the dash digital display once connected to the CAN buss.  PM specific details or information.  Good luck!  It’s a pretty easy installation.

Hey thanks for that information. I finally ordered everything i need so I should be starting the install in a week or two!