Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New-to-me 2022 23 LSV

EchelonMike

Awesome boat, @EchelonMike!  Congrats!!

As a follow up to @bcoppess23 suggestions, which are all accurate to my knowledge, I use Royal Purple in my boat and have since I got it.  I also use the specified canister filter.  No issues there.  With respect to winterizing the ballast system, be sure to both drain and fill when you run the pumps.  Drain everything out, then switch to fill to make sure no water is left in the pump.  I would confirm with the dealer that the 20-hour service was done as well.  

Otherwise, congrats again and enjoy that thing!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
dizzygti

Lake Martin is nice, that's the lake I grew up on.    While I don't get people who buy a boat and only put 20 hours on it in two seasons, congrats on the nice pick up!    All your questions have been answered, but I'll add you can use any Dexos2 rated 5w30 oil, I use Mobil1.   30 seconds isn't needed when cranking after removing drain plugs, I basically fire it and shut it off immediately.   No need to worry about the heater unit, and close the sea strainer intake before using the flush connection.    Enjoy!     

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Congrats on your acquisition.  2.  either the dealer or Malibu should be able to get that info, for cars there are several VIN finder sites that can give you the build sheet.  4.  No, its a small block Chevy long block, a good synthetic at the viscosity recommended will work.  Malibu branded oil is simply someone else's rebottled, a very common practice.  I don't think they have enough volume to justify a specific additive package but if someone knows they do, perhaps they will chime in.  On a separate note, a popular oil, Shell Rotella, appears to have dropped the gasoline engine designation.   

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, dizzygti said:

Lake Martin is nice, that's the lake I grew up on.    

My first time there and it was beautiful!  I bought the boat from the local Nautique dealer (Russell Marine) - super nice folks and a beautiful facility.  The Ridge neighborhood by Russell Marine has some amazing homes, I drove around a bit to check it out.  Singleton Marine is the local Malibu dealer and they're doing the inspection and warranty transfer.  

• Like 3
dizzygti
2 minutes ago, EchelonMike said:

My first time there and it was beautiful!  I bought the boat from the local Nautique dealer (Russell Marine) - super nice folks and a beautiful facility.  The Ridge neighborhood by Russell Marine has some amazing homes, I drove around a bit to check it out.  Singleton Marine is the local Malibu dealer and they're doing the inspection and warranty transfer.  

Yes, The Ridge is nice, Spring House is a great spot to eat, and Singleton is the same dealer network as up here in Atlanta.   

• Like 1

Any of you deal with Singleton Marine?  I bought the boat from Russell Marine (Nautique/Sea Ray/Chris Craft dealer) and they could not have been better to deal with.  But they don't do the warranty transfer so I needed a Malibu dealer.  Singleton service center is about 30 minutes away.  I called them a few weeks before I bought the boat, explained what I was buying, and needed the transfer done.  They said of course, do it all the time, etc.  I made an appointment, and they were ready for me when I arrived, all good. 

They called me today when they were done with the inspection and told me they'd send the $750 to Malibu as is the process, but told me I needed to give them another $600 to send to Indmar for the engine warranty.  Ummm, the engines are no longer Indmar, they're Malibu.  I told them that was not right, the boats don't use Indmar in them since 2019 or 2020.  They said they'd double check on that and call me back.

Long story short, they called me back to say I was right, their mistake.  But I couldn't help but feel like they were trying to screw me out of $600 bucks.  You're a Malibu dealer and you're the service manager...and think the boat has an Indmar engine?  Shady.  If you deal with Singleton, I'd recommend you keep your spare hand on your wallet.

• Sad 2

You can get the plugs that go in the PNP fill/drain ports if you want to remove your bags. I gave mine away when I got rid of my Malibu but I bet someone here will have a set. I have full use of my storage with full BAllast! No bags to get in the way.

• Thanks 1
ahopkins22LSV

Beautiful boat that looks very well optioned!

If you really want to go the route of removing the PNP bags I am pretty sure I have a set or two of the plugs that I can mail you. I wouldn't though and just run 50-75% ballast as mentioned above. The new hard tanks go all the way up the side of storage area now so they are effectively measuring the total rear ballast amount now, and not just the hard tanks under the PNP bags.

• Thanks 2
2 hours ago, ahopkins22LSV said:

Beautiful boat that looks very well optioned!

If you really want to go the route of removing the PNP bags I am pretty sure I have a set or two of the plugs that I can mail you. I wouldn't though and just run 50-75% ballast as mentioned above. The new hard tanks go all the way up the side of storage area now so they are effectively measuring the total rear ballast amount now, and not just the hard tanks under the PNP bags.

There are some plugs in the glove box so I assume that's for the PNP hoses.  I'll leave them in for now!  Appreciate all the good info!  Bring on spring!

• Like 1
dizzygti
On 1/5/2024 at 11:52 PM, EchelonMike said:

Any of you deal with Singleton Marine?  I bought the boat from Russell Marine (Nautique/Sea Ray/Chris Craft dealer) and they could not have been better to deal with.  But they don't do the warranty transfer so I needed a Malibu dealer.  Singleton service center is about 30 minutes away.  I called them a few weeks before I bought the boat, explained what I was buying, and needed the transfer done.  They said of course, do it all the time, etc.  I made an appointment, and they were ready for me when I arrived, all good. 

They called me today when they were done with the inspection and told me they'd send the $750 to Malibu as is the process, but told me I needed to give them another $600 to send to Indmar for the engine warranty.  Ummm, the engines are no longer Indmar, they're Malibu.  I told them that was not right, the boats don't use Indmar in them since 2019 or 2020.  They said they'd double check on that and call me back.

Long story short, they called me back to say I was right, their mistake.  But I couldn't help but feel like they were trying to screw me out of $600 bucks.  You're a Malibu dealer and you're the service manager...and think the boat has an Indmar engine?  Shady.  If you deal with Singleton, I'd recommend you keep your spare hand on your wallet.

I wouldn't assume shady as much as just unknowledgeable.    They don't seem very on top of things, but that's a different branch/service department than you dealt with.   

• Like 1
On 1/6/2024 at 2:59 PM, Ronnie said:

For the rear storage, I have started using HyperRyd's Locker Storage Nets. 

I second using these as well as the Surf board racks under the bimini.  We do more wakeboarding and also like to keep the surfboards out of direct sunlight under the tower. 

• Like 3

A word of caution for the under Bimini surf racks, if you are over 6ft 

the racks are very well made but pose a very real head wound opportunity. I’m 6-4 and the corners of the rack were going to win any match up with my head , let alone once I input a surfboard up there.

the TMC member that we ended up installing them on loves them.

Edited by Stevo
  • Like 2
22 hours ago, EchelonMike said:

I think the bimini has the above-bimini surf pockets and clamping racks.  Like @Stevo I'm 6'4" so don't want to bash my head on anything tower-related!  :-) 

Yeah.. I don't have that problem..  HAHA

• Haha 1
34 minutes ago, bcoppess23 said:

Yeah.. I don't have that problem..  HAHA

Me either...  LOL.

Often wondered if putting under the bimini racks would allow me to completely eliminate my PTM board racks....  I use the above pockets and put the surf boards in surf socks to eliminate direct sun.  three to four spaces is all I need.

On 1/10/2024 at 8:15 AM, Stevo said:

A word of caution for the under Bimini surf racks, if you are over 6ft 

the racks are very well made but pose a very real head wound opportunity. I’m 6-4 and the corners of the rack were going to win any match up with my head , let alone once I input a surfboard up there.

the TMC member that we ended up installing them on loves them.

Are you talking about these things?  I've never seen them in person. 

https://www.malibuparts.com/blogs/news/upgrade-your-surf-storage-with-the-hyperryd-xr-1-surf-racks

• Like 2