Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fulton Jack Upgrade

dizzygti

The 1600lb single wheel Fulton jack on my trailer looks "weak" and flimsy and the jack wants to lean to one side no matter where the wheel is pointed.    I want to upgrade to the 2000 lb model with pivoting foot plate instead of a wheel since my boat is stored on crushed gravel and my home driveway has a slope, both of which obviously don't work well with the wheel.    My question is if anyone knows if the bolt patterns on the jack mounting flanges are the same on all the Fulton jacks?    Hoping I can take off the old and mount the new with no other changes to the trailer mounting flange.   Thanks in advance!  

6 hours ago, Cole2001 said:

Get rid of that foulton design all together, they’re garbage. The one with the foot will be exactly the same. 
These are great, not a direct bolt up but you can easily drill new holes in the mounting plate. 
https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Jack/Dutton-Lainson/DL22340.html

Yep this is what is on my trailer from the factory.  Dutton-Lainson. Definitely better than any Fultons I have had on other trailers.

Obviously you would raise the jack as far as possible when connected to a tow vehicle, but how important is it to have the swivel/rotating bracket feature to store the jack horizontal?    I'd like to retain the swivel option.  

Edited by dizzygti