Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Prop Advice

spacecrafc

i have a 2014 vlx with the 33o hp - switched props to the 2419 and can't get the surf wave to set up. all 4 tanks full with both plug and play filled, 6 people in boat. seems like the engine is working to hard..... should i simply switch back to the 1235......is the 2419 to much prop

Edited by spacecrafc

I am on record as being a little bit of a skeptic as to whether the prop actually has much influence on the wave.   A larger prop can change the angle of the bow rise a little, but that can easily be overcome by moving ballast.  Otherwise, I am not sure how that can happen.  

Can you get up to your usual surf speed, or is it just maxing out too slow?  

your 1.5 /1 driveline is made for that 2419 to be the most torque prop as well as the oj945.  i ran the 1235 and 2315 in my 330. something else like speed wrong or ballast not full causing this, 2419 should work fine snd allow you to super load the boat with crew, ballast and lead, high rpms but its a no limits prop 

• 4 weeks later...

I think that might be too much prop for that boat.  I know it did great with my 409ss but it was pushing it with a bigger crew.  I might consider switching to a 2315 if I were you.  I actually switched to 2315 with my 409SS.  Great wave still and a few more mph of top end.