Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

AMP help please

Hally

Hello, I’m new here just seeing on some options for amps. I have 2018 20VTX with only cabin speakers in it. The other day driving along here a pop and music goes out, smoke coming out of amp so guess it’s blown up. Anyway is there any other options then buying the Malibu one as my dealer has quoted $2900.00 AUD which is absolutely crazy price tag.

thank you

Any brand 12 volt mobile audio amp can work as a replacement, it jusr requires some harness modifications to convert from the OEM connectors to traditional amp connections. If you have a local marine audio shop, i'd contact them. 

On 12/5/2023 at 3:43 PM, MLA said:

Any brand 12 volt mobile audio amp can work as a replacement, it jusr requires some harness modifications to convert from the OEM connectors to traditional amp connections. If you have a local marine audio shop, i'd contact them. 

This

Reach out to @Brandonloos21 he has been making harness' for the DSP amps. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
WetSoundsTech
On 12/4/2023 at 11:31 PM, Hally said:

Hello, I’m new here just seeing on some options for amps. I have 2018 20VTX with only cabin speakers in it. The other day driving along here a pop and music goes out, smoke coming out of amp so guess it’s blown up. Anyway is there any other options then buying the Malibu one as my dealer has quoted $2900.00 AUD which is absolutely crazy price tag.

thank you

you can get the same oem amp but the retail version from our website or any wetsounds dealer so if the amp is a syn-dx6DSP the retail model will be Syn-DX6 now if the current set up doesnt have RCAs and they are OEM plugs you can get an adapter that will provide you with RCA tips and you dont have to cut the harness to add the amp. 

• 1 month later...
WetSoundsTech
10 hours ago, dav4rlMXZ said:

Where do you get the adapters?

you can find them online I know there are a few people in the Malibu fb page that iv seen make them to order depending on your application.