Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2023 Black Friday Deals? Post what you’ve found here!

Nick55

17 hours ago, wakesonthesnake said:

Black Friday (morimotohid.com)

The aftermarket led headlights, taillights and more are 20% off.  Gonna try some for my super duty.

I had morimoto led fogs on my F150, they worked well.  They have an LED bulb upgrade for the Fog lights on the F250.  Might buy that today.  thanks for sharing the link! 

Edited by rennis
  • Like 1
33 minutes ago, rennis said:

Amazingly it turns almost as bad as a boat one or two feet longer

What would you opt to do for controlling it? Replace the throttle lever assembly? Wonder how it does for 25’? I honestly wouldn’t mind some nudges here and there maneuvering in tight spots in the wind. 

52 minutes ago, Slurpee said:

What would you opt to do for controlling it? Replace the throttle lever assembly? Wonder how it does for 25’? I honestly wouldn’t mind some nudges here and there maneuvering in tight spots in the wind. 

Looks similar to the one centurion offered from the factory that was ummm... pathetic. Pretty sure they even put a recall on it to replace with ezdrvie 

4 hours ago, RyanB said:

Have you used these?

Just got a couple of pairs. Haven’t shot with them yet. They seem to work well. Anything over 85 db shuts them off. I think that’s about what my muffs do as well. Gotta be better with long guns or shotguns than muffs. 

21 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Just got a couple of pairs. Haven’t shot with them yet. They seem to work well. Anything over 85 db shuts them off. I think that’s about what my muffs do as well. Gotta be better with long guns or shotguns than muffs. 

I took advantage of the deal. I haven’t found anything I like for bird hunting. Added bonus if it works big game. 

52 minutes ago, RyanB said:

I took advantage of the deal. I haven’t found anything I like for bird hunting. Added bonus if it works big game. 

Supposed to be able to hear a buck snort a mile away. Doubtful but it does amplify the sounds then cuts out the bang. 

On 11/21/2023 at 4:52 PM, REHinH20 said:

Just saw an article this morning that said larger electronics best day for sales would probably be Cyber Monday.  Bought my last 2 from bestbuy.com, one before that was Sam's.  All Samsung.  No other reason other than the 1st one worked really well for us.

On 11/21/2023 at 11:16 PM, AusBU said:

I’ve always been a Samsung man but last 3 tv’s I bought I got LG!s and they have been great. best Buys have got some sales on TV’s so check them out.

On 11/22/2023 at 9:11 AM, justgary said:

And another.  A 2016 65" LG OLED that still has a flawless picture.

I quit buying anything Samsung because it seemed to me like they always break a few years in.

@Michigan boarder - You need a TV above the refrigerator to show stock market data 24/7, or for your recipes while you cook?

On 11/22/2023 at 9:53 AM, Woodski said:

I think he needs the TV to watch the Lions on Thursday while he is making the gravy … 🤣 then a nap 😴 on the sofa.

On 11/22/2023 at 10:17 AM, Five Cent Worth said:

Cool spot for the kitchen TV.  

Only by TV's from Costco.  Period.

On 11/22/2023 at 10:56 AM, jjackkrash said:

I don't think they make an LG OLED panel that small.  For non-critical viewing in that location I'd look at a TV of that size in that location like a commodity item.   Pick an LCD that has the look and features you want that is cheap.  You may want to investigate the display's speakers if they will be used to reproduce the sound in that location.  Costco and BestBuy are good places to buy TVs with good return policies but definitely not the cheapest.  Grey market resellers like greentoe can have serious deals on TVs but the purchase is a little riskier.  Locally and on the WestCoast there is a brick and mortar called VideoOnly that also has the best deals (comparable to some of the online Grey market discounters).  But on a TV in that size and that location I would just walk into a Costco, Walmart, or Best Buy and pick something cheap that fits.

For 42" and bigger critical viewing the best display out right now is an LG evo G3 series Oled.  The LG C3 series Oled is 95% of the G3 series but cheaper.  Samsung and Sony use LGD panels with their own processor.  I'd just stick with LG.  

On 11/22/2023 at 11:16 AM, kstateskier1 said:

For our restaurants, we just buy one of the cheaper versions of the current Samsungs.  Currently we average about 7 years life span running 18 hours a day, 363 days a year.  Samsung TVs still have great quality, the rest of their products are junk.  We have a newer refrigerator that I have to defrost every month because I builds up around the fan and the ice maker stops working quickly as well.  Last Samsung washer/dryer was crap as well.

32" TVs are about as cheap as a cup of coffee right now.

On 11/22/2023 at 1:10 PM, Jhucke said:

I hear this all the time about samsung appliances. No way I would buy one.

On 11/23/2023 at 6:50 PM, oldjeep said:

For tvs Whatever is on sale.  They are all plenty good, cheap and last a long time.

My wife picked up a Visio at Target for $129, it's good enough.  This is just for listening to news, or weather updates, etc.  Mostly mirroring cell phones but it will also be hooked up to cable for local stuff.  I found a small sub & speakers in the basement that we weren't using and now are, it sounds actually pretty good to just use as a sound system now too.  Added bonus.  FWIW, we have 3 other Samsung TV's and they all are OK, but two of them suck at connecting and seem to need updates more frequently than the one in the living room.  

IMG_6225.jpg

• Like 4