Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Cleaning a Bimini top

No.  A washing machine is kind of hard on your canvas according to my canvas guy. I suppose you could put it on a cold water gentle cycle but I also wouldn’t use a regular laundry detergent.   I washed my Bimini in a tub with some fabric cleaner added to cold water by hand.  Then sprayed it off with a garden hose to rinse, and hung to air dry before treating with Star-brite waterproofing. 

On 11/14/2023 at 3:08 PM, Lowrider said:

Has anyone ever washed their Bimini top in a washing machine?

Well, the Bimini on my boat doesn't really separate from the metal framework (or at least not without completely disassembling every single joint, and I never even considered that option).

I opened mine over the edges of the bed of my pickup, slowly working it backwards to tilt each segment down onto the tailgate as I cleaned.   I used cold water with Dawn dishwashing liquid and scrubbed with a soft bristled brush.  Followed that up with a cheapie little electric power washer to rinse the suds.

Looked great when it dried.  I still need to spray on some 303 Fabric Guard.