Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Surf wake

Dillon

Hey All, 

I just joined and recently purchased my boat. Can you give great suggestions & what’s proven to be not so great on making the surf wake on my 2004 21’ VLX the best it can be for what the boat is? 
Thx

Dillon

I would recommend not doing a piggyback system.  It takes forever to fill the bags on top of the hard tanks.  You can install reversable pumps on their own switches.  Wakemakers has all inclusive, boat specific set ups and will be a good resource for ballast questions. It cost more up front but really cuts down on the fill and drain times.  They will have black Friday deals and if you are a paying member on this site, you get a discount (other places as well). I would start with a suck gate and if you decide you want to keep the boat long term look into the Go Surf Assist or something similar. Work your way up to the ballast listed in the thread above.  It takes time to learn a heavily weighted boat but use that as a guide to get the most out of your hull.

Welcome and have fun.