Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

O'neill drysuit repair

timelinex

My wife and I both have o'neill boost drysuits from 2016. It was great when I just bought it but have barely used it the last few years as my children were born.

I took it out this year and discovered the ankle/wrist seals have all dry rotted and now basically ripped apart. The other problem is around the zipper. Zipper itself is ok, but the taping on the piece that attachs zipper to suit, is lifting and wrinkling. 

I see OLD threads saying o'neill will fix for $25 a seal, but I think they stopped doing that.

What are my options?

custom boards are 1200-1500.  two oneill’s are 1180.  how much will you extend your season with the buy new investment.  we are down south.  what that 560-580 delivered was the most cost effective money i ever spent.  my wife went from late fall winter rides of 10-12 minutes and taking parts of jan -early march off  to riding year round and riding for am hour. spend it if it extends your season significantly

Check out Oregon based company https://oakstreetgear.com/ for nylon baggy suits - look for the Sea Star. They used to make these suits for Wileys; my current one has a manufactur date of 1994 and I use it alot! I called and they quoted me $360 - if it's similar quality to my current suit that is a great deal. Think this will be my Xmas gift to myself this year as my faithful suit's fabric is getting "weepy". Changing my neck seal tonight!

I dont need a new one. I need a repair!

I tried calling o'neill twice so far and keep going on hold with "1 minute wait time", which just kicks me back to menu.

O'Neill repaired my neo drysuit as a warranty job, hopefully you will get in touch with them.  If that fails, an internet search should find some ankle / wrist / neck seals and it is a DIY process, you just need the glue, a volleyball & softball to hold the suit round when you glue on the seals.  Try contacting your local dive shop, they can supply most of the stuff you need.  Calling Wiley's would be a good option, they are well versed in all things water sports. 

https://www.divegearexpress.com/exposure/drysuit-seals-adhesive

timelinex, Wiley's used to repair them, and they recently merged with Seattle Water Sports. Buddy just had a full suit seal renew done by them.

Rednucleus talking about Oak Street... discussion over on ballofspray website about them. USIA used to make the nylon shell drysuits for Wileys (as per above), and the owner was done. The employees put together this new company, so "same stuff" that USIA put out. I do not know if they do seal repair, but it wouldn't hurt to give them a shout! 

Edited by GaleK

Finally got ahold of o'neill.  They said they no longer do any repairs outside of warranty. Very dissapointing.

So it looks like I'm going to have to DIY. Which normally would be my goto route, but I've been alot busier with two small toddlers in the house.

• 1 month later...

I received a similar response as timelinex (finally got a reply on my 3rd attempt using their online support feature) when I contacted O'Neill about repairs back in January:

Unfortunately we do not have a good answer.

We are only doing warranty work. We will replace seals on drysuits under 2 years old but no longer on the older versions.

We do not sell parts.

The reference we pass onto the wetsuit people...this company is not set up for drysuit repair work. We currently do not know of any reputable repair facilities that do drysuit work.

Customer Service
O'Neill Wetsuits, LLC

Britt