Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

'07 VLX - Diamond or Wake Hull?

Jordan22

I'm looking at an 2007 21' Wakesetter VLX and trying to confirm if it has a diamond hull or wake hull. Does anyone know for sure?

Ideally, I think I would prefer diamond hull with more versatility to be able to slalom ski with a smaller wake at higher speeds.

If the '07 VLX is a Wake Hull, is it possible to take any type of decent cuts across the wake while slalom skiing or do you really need a Diamond hull? I know direct drive would obviously be best but we also want to use the boat for wake surfing/boarding and don't like the cabin layout with a DD.

Appreciate any info/help!

The standard hull for that boat is the V25 (wake) hull, but I believe it could be special ordered with the V25 Diamond hull, so visual confirmation might be best.  Do you have a pic of the back end of the boat?  In particular rear, bottom corner?

We occasionally slalom (not the course) behind our older LSV with the V25 Diamond hull.  The wake is surprisingly good for a boat that size, but not even in the same league as our previous boat, direct drive ('92 Prostar 205).

1 hour ago, butter71 said:

The standard hull for that boat is the V25 (wake) hull, but I believe it could be special ordered with the V25 Diamond hull, so visual confirmation might be best.  Do you have a pic of the back end of the boat?  In particular rear, bottom corner?

We occasionally slalom (not the course) behind our older LSV with the V25 Diamond hull.  The wake is surprisingly good for a boat that size, but not even in the same league as our previous boat, direct drive ('92 Prostar 205).

Here are some images:

https://ibb.co/pQk4y1f
https://ibb.co/t8cMxK1

I'm still not certain, but I think it looks like the standard V25 (wake) hull?

6 minutes ago, Steve B. said:

Test ride. I've owned both in DD's though. I ski mostly around -28 @ 34mph and can't tell the difference.

You're saying they use the same V25 wake hull in a DD boat?

I believe 02-03 XTI'

2 hours ago, Jordan22 said:

You're saying they use the same V25 wake hull in a DD boat?

I believe 04-08 Wakesetter XTI's (DD) standard hull is the V25 wake hull, unless special ordered otherwise.  Maybe others?

• 3 weeks later...

We had an 07 21 lsv diamond hull and I skiied behind a friends wake hull as well similar year   - it’s a huge difference and if you want to cut through the wake and have any type of performance ski get the diamond hull. It is a night and day difference and you won’t regret holding out for the diamond hull -….harder to find.