Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hammerhead 375 hose to dash and back

Greetings, long time since I’ve been on the forum. My brother and I are rehabbing 2003 23 XTi. It has the hammerhead 375 motor. During the tear out of the interior I discovered a hose that extends from the water pump to the top end in a long loop under the dash connected to nothing. Can delete I the hose and plug the fittings?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wnHThaeK7VHqxfgBxzStj0-ubHlXJ8BR/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ylrK8JhYHPtxkYG4ndpLU3HlXS0lzTF0/view?usp=drivesdk

I don’t have access to see your photos but that is very likely the hose that went to a heater. The previous owner probably didn’t winterize the core and it cracked then leaked. You’re good to remove it unless you want to put in a new heater.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great question. We are removing what we will never use.   I’ll post some pics as we move along. Just stripped out the interior. Will have access to work on the boat all winter.   RL

12 hours ago, oldjeep said:

some folks never use them.  Every year when I winterize the boat, I wonder why I have not just disconnected it 

Funny how you guys in the colder states don't use heater. We use ours down here.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, dalt1 said:

Funny how you guys in the colder states don't use heater. We use ours down here.

Yeah, but you guys also dress up like there is a blizzard coming every time the temp drops below 60 ;). That is still shorts weather here.

23 hours ago, oldjeep said:

some folks never use them.  Every year when I winterize the boat, I wonder why I have not just disconnected it 

Same here. I finally did it this year.