Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Cargo basket for trailer?

Poormana

Hey there!

I'd like to get a cargo basket to put on my trailer up front in the "V" under the bow.   Seems like a nice place to store tire chalks, a jack, etc.   I've seen spare tires mounted to utilize this space but I can't find a cargo basket that fits in there.   Any ideas?   I know it will get wet and needs a cover to keep stuff from floating away, but would be great to free up some tow vehicle space with stuff that is happy outside.   

It's a Malibu Trailer under a 2023 VTX 20.   

Thanks!

Andy

16 hours ago, Poormana said:

Hey there!

I'd like to get a cargo basket to put on my trailer up front in the "V" under the bow.   Seems like a nice place to store tire chalks, a jack, etc.   I've seen spare tires mounted to utilize this space but I can't find a cargo basket that fits in there.   Any ideas?   I know it will get wet and needs a cover to keep stuff from floating away, but would be great to free up some tow vehicle space with stuff that is happy outside.   

It's a Malibu Trailer under a 2023 VTX 20.   

Thanks!

Andy

So you want to store stuff like a jack where it'll get wet?

Not sure what else you might want to store there, but for things like tire chocks - maybe just get a couple of the fold up type so that they don't take up much space in the tow vehicle.  For the jack - I assume your truck jack doesn't work?  That is all I use with my trailer, but that will vary depending on what your truck comes with.