Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Medallion Viper 400M Stuck in Power Up

SDWATERMAN

Hey all, looked through the Viper Topics and did not see this yet, maybe someone has a solve? I have a 2017 Malibu 23LSV with the Medallion Viper 400M head unit and 2 Malibu Amps, Wet Soun 8's on the G4 tower. Last weekend when getting set up everything started up as usual but when I went to power up my Stereo it got stuck on the screen that says " Powering up", so it never displayed my phone or never delivered audio. Oddly enough my phone did find the unit, but that didnt help any because the unit never passed powering up mode. I shut the boat down and turned my battery switch off, waited 10 minutes then fired everything up again and...... same result. My dealer thought it was possibly my phone so at the end of the day after a 90 min trailer with all systems off, I tried it with rebooted phone, same result. Has anyone rub into this and discovered a fix? Thanks

Quick update if anyone runs into this. Called my dealer and they suggested its likely a loose connection. I did not see any that appeared loose but pressed on all the connections to the black box and both amps, as well an unidentified straggler under the helm, and I discovered a USB charger that had been left by previous owner in the charge port in the starboard glove box above my fuse panel which I removed. Low and behold she fired right up pumping some sweet tunes. Check your connect!!

• Like 2