Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat Cover for Under Boat House Storage

Thebump

I have a 2007 Wakesetter VLX and I keep in under the boat house in the summer. However we have tons of trees and it can get windy. What is a recommendation for a good, easy to put on cover for debris and dust?

In the winter I pull it out and get it shrink wrapped so a long term cover or even road cover isn't needed, we don't take it anywhere else. 

I like the Malibu custom ones but those are $1300!!

Thanks in advance!

I have an 07 VLX also, and I bought a cover through my dealership (I think around 2020 and Covid it took forever to get and it was around $1500 (from Great Lakes Skipper I believe is where they ordered it through)... I still have my original cover that's in perfect shape except that it's the black one that bleeds onto the vinyl... For the most part up until this summer, I have rarely covered it. We put it in on the weekend and then pull it out and it goes back in the garage. The only times I covered it was if I was taking it to the dealership and I thought it may have to stay overnight... 

The new cover does fit nice and snug, and we left it on our new boat lift for a couple of weeks this summer and I didn't have any issues.. 

I paid about $900 for a replacement cover for my 247 last year @ boatcoversdirect.com  The cover was perfect for under boat house storage - better than the OEM cover that I had on my 2013 due to the material resisting dust a bit better.  That may have been age related.  It isn't great for towing, but it should like you aren't looking for that.

My boat sits on our covered lift all year round.  I bought the Westland cover about 4 years ago and it has served us well.  It think they are $600-700 range now.  It fits our boat nicely and is fairly easy to get on/off, although not the easiest.  I expect to get many more years out of the cover.  I don't know anything about how it handles water as our lift is covered. 

If I were to do it over again, I would have bought an over the tower cover.  This would keep the tower and speakers from getting dusty/dirty, and I assume it would be easier to get on/off. 

I am happy I went with the option that covers the swim platform.  This has been really helpfully in keeping the gelcoat on the transom looking nice and keeping the teak from drying out quickly.

Edited by cla10beck

I purchased this for my M220.  I put it on over the tower and bimini b/c I wanted to keep pollen and bugs out of the tower/speakers.  Works great and don't even use straps (the bungie cord stays under the rub rail).  No issues with mold b/c I'm in a boathouse as well, but wouldn't put the boat away completely soaked.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KG13M4E/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1