Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

OEM DSP Trouble Shooting Guide

Ronnie

WetSoundsTech

I may not own a Boat:( but I know customer service and they should be the first line of contact to help out the customer if that does not pan out then I would recommend reaching out to our OEM team for assistance. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, WetSoundsTech said:

I may not own a Boat:( but I know customer service and they should be the first line of contact to help out the customer if that does not pan out then I would recommend reaching out to our OEM team for assistance. 

I do not own a newer boat with an OEM Wet Sounds audio system. I work on my own boat and do not interact with a boat dealer at all, so I admit that my perspective is different than those who do. I just want to say that I have talked with Wet Sounds representatives on the phone when I needed to repair one of my older V1 Rev 10's, and also have emailed them when dealing with a backordered item, among many other interactions, and I have always been treated well and will happily continue to do business with Wet Sounds.

If you see your dealer as useless in a situation like this, then I agree, you should just reach out to Wet Sounds OEM support. I work at a (car) dealership as a tech, and I can assure you, it is not hard or uncommon for me to be talking with our suppliers when trying to resolve an issue. Are boat dealerships not doing that when you take your boat to them? I guess I just don't really understand some of this stalemate between everyone.

• Like 4
12 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Maybe he doesn't own a Malibu but...I'm betting he has more experience with Wetsound installs than all the combined installs on this website. Why do we attack the guy that is offering help to us? Yes, the "proper" way to attack your audio issues is to start with your dealer. Audio being the significant word here. How many boat dealers have the audio experience past installing factory systems? Replace will be most solutions for a boat dealer. IF that doesn't fix the problem, why not ask a @WetSoundsTech Who cares if he owns any kind of boat, he's the Wetsounds Tech and has the answers.

Can't agree more with this! That is the reason people from all brands do not see much, if any representation from the factory on forums, etc.

• Like 1
On 10/5/2023 at 3:22 PM, shawndoggy said:

I've always been curious about "turning up the gain" on a dsp amp by adding more signal voltage on the input side.  sounds like from that thread it would work.  Seems like a diligent tuner might even be able to flatten out a dsp tune with appropriate changes to an input signal curve (dsp in).  But that doesn't really make a lot of economic sense.  An audiocontrol matrix isn't that expensive tho.

I used an Audio control DM-810.

On 10/10/2023 at 7:46 PM, Brandonloos21 said:

Huh? So you’re saying your Malibu/axis boat with 8 revo 8’s, 2 rev 10’s, and a subwoofer, ran you 2800 after tax? I think you may have miscounted. My 8 revo 8’s and 12” sub in my 2022 Malibu were >5k discounted pretax. 

Also 15” sub isn’t an option. 

no, 22 centurion bought in nov 21, but ordered 2nd qtr (by someone else) 2021 and delivered 3rd qtr 2021 , agreed price when ordered was what dealer sold to me .  this was before a lot of the prices increases the manufacturers hit dealers with and dealer stuck by original order price.  i would say it was 25-28 plus tax, so under $3100 delivered .  no way given my expenses of a note i have never had and the massive coastal zone insurance premium plus usage and maintenance costs for 580 hours in 23 months can i even afford to upgrade.  very happy with my dsp system based on what i paid 

2 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

no, 22 centurion bought in nov 21, but ordered 2nd qtr (by someone else) 2021 and delivered 3rd qtr 2021 , agreed price when ordered was what dealer sold to me .  this was before a lot of the prices increases the manufacturers hit dealers with and dealer stuck by original order price.  i would say it was 25-28 plus tax, so under $3100 delivered .  no way given my expenses of a note i have never had and the massive coastal zone insurance premium plus usage and maintenance costs for 580 hours in 23 months can i even afford to upgrade.  very happy with my dsp system based on what i paid 

Oh awesome! I was just confused, how are you enjoying the centurion? I am not going to lie, i have been looking at them.

Also, it seems that with that being said, they might have the basic stereo included within the base price of the boat.

On 10/12/2023 at 12:31 PM, Ronnie said:

Maybe he doesn't own a Malibu but...I'm betting he has more experience with Wetsound installs than all the combined installs on this website. Why do we attack the guy that is offering help to us? 

I didn't see this as any form of an attack, other than laughing at how incapable some of our dealers seem to be.   Maybe you have a great dealer and don't know what that's like?   

On 10/12/2023 at 12:56 PM, Ronnie said:

Keyboard warriors...There's always someone waiting in the wings for a chance.

There's plenty of justice warriors out there too, that rush to the defense of someone when there's no need...

On 10/12/2023 at 11:31 AM, Ronnie said:

Maybe he doesn't own a Malibu but...I'm betting he has more experience with Wetsound installs than all the combined installs on this website. Why do we attack the guy that is offering help to us? Yes, the "proper" way to attack your audio issues is to start with your dealer. Audio being the significant word here. How many boat dealers have the audio experience past installing factory systems? Replace will be most solutions for a boat dealer. IF that doesn't fix the problem, why not ask a @WetSoundsTech Who cares if he owns any kind of boat, he's the Wetsounds Tech and has the answers.

@WetSoundsTech I’m sorry if that came across like an attack. I was trying to be funny and clearly I missed. Please don't leave because of that!

My real point was simply this… in my experience most Malibu dealers aren’t very good at dealing with the audio systems in these boats. 

Maybe I’ll have a better experience with my new 2024… 

4 hours ago, IXFE said:

@WetSoundsTech I’m sorry if that came across like an attack. I was trying to be funny and clearly I missed. Please don't leave because of that!

My real point was simply this… in my experience most Malibu dealers aren’t very good at dealing with the audio systems in these boats. 

Maybe I’ll have a better experience with my new 2024… 

Most dealers are not audio shops. Most probably dont even sell aftermarket audio at all. Thats why. And if they bring in a 3rd party audio shop to diagnose a factory issue the 3rd party wont/cant really do anything with it. Most techs have no idea about audio systems or how to fix or diagnose issues. 

Edited by COOP
6 hours ago, COOP said:

Most dealers are not audio shops.

I don't go to a proctologist when I have a tooth ache either. It just makes it hard when we are supposed to have a warranty that covers the whole boat, where else would we go.  Seems like the Wetsounds OEM team could be a good bridge, helping either the dealer or the customer to resolve issues. 

I have been enjoying my sound system so far, just need to find the small rattle the bass produces under the dash.  If I would have ordered the boat myself I probably would have gone with a set of Rev 10 instead of Rev 8 but I am in the camp that will leave it alone as long as it sounds good and works.  I do however understand the frustration of leaving something on the table, hopefully everyone can maximize their purchase.

On 10/13/2023 at 11:46 AM, Brandonloos21 said:

Oh awesome! I was just confused, how are you enjoying the centurion? I am not going to lie, i have been looking at them.

Also, it seems that with that being said, they might have the basic stereo included within the base price of the boat.

not included, def an option even if you only get the inboats and an amp for them.  many opt for stereo delete though the 24’s have all the same stereo controls already on both screens (in 24 they are just slaves and not the source like 23 or earlier) but now there is a OEM Wet  sounds head unit in the glove colocated with the battery switch push buttons.  they also have a remote WS unit to the right of the helm screens driver screens with a knob.  24 is all wetsounds so the DSP systems are getting the source signal quality snd signal voltage they were designed for.  24 sounded much much better than 23 which was pretty good but only with a slightly higher source voltage.  22 vintage can take the 23 software update. 

Sublime has been my experience with the new to RI lineup in 22 of the ri230 with the new baller ramfill trouble free valves.  580 hrs of the most savage wave i have ever been on. savage in all three (length, size snd push). my reliability, though heavily  influenced positively by the boats frequent usage, has been my most pleasant surprise.  i have experienced the replacement of 2 of the new generation pcm vdrives due to seal leaks.  boat never broke or ran poorly or left us stranded, they leaked without making a mess (slight leak).  i caught it with my frequent fluid checks.  dealer swapped one out in 2.5 hours snd the other in an appt that started 10:30 Friday snd boat back in my hands 3:00 Saturday.  didnt even water test first one even though i was 500 miles from home as trust their work a lot.  2nd one they water tested it .  boat has been solid surfing every weekend since nov 21 without a break.  we never missed a surf weekend for the repairs as we surfed at home on Sunday both times.  dealer had preordered the vdrives and had them on hand for each appt.  i had a couple other items but never any down time from any of it

i never expected to be this pleased on reliability as i was coming from a plain rock solid axis with nothing to go wrong

i have even gotten away with running 87 unleaded in the 6.0 L that has a HO tune specd for 91.  the 6.0 409 without HO is specd for 87 

my brilliant orange Metal flake combined with Onyx  black metal flake with an Onyx black base is an amazing standout combo gel combo

the power tower has been essential putting this boat away nightly multiple times a week/weekend.  this, dock lights, double layered Gator step everywhere including gunnels  and vertical in cabin surfaces are examples of standard RI options inc in base price  

Edited by granddaddy55
  • Like 1