Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Holley Easy Level

Sethro

Has anyone tried this fuel sending unit from Holley?  Seems pretty cool and is a replacement for a universal 33-240 ohm sending unit. I’m not sure if there’d be clearance issues for a 2006 RLXi trunk floor, as I haven’t ever had my floor out. 

https://www.holley.com/products/gauges_and_gauge_accessories/gauge_accessories_and_harnesses/parts/19-250

• Like 1

Nice find! You should not have clearance issues with it. Please report back your results. Here is a link to installing the old style to give you an idea of the job. (If have haven’t already seen it)

Description says that it doesn't work with OE style gauges that use an ohm only input. I would think that's a problem...but maybe I'm interpreting that wrong.

13 hours ago, Nitrousbird said:

Very interested in this, as my fuel level gauge is...well...exceptionally conservative, and showing near empty on a 1/2 tank is getting a bit old.

Me too!  Mine goes to near empty with 15-20 gals left. But doesn’t even respond to sloshing at that level. But responds to sloshing closer to full.  I also like being able to slow The reaction of the gauge for fuel sloshing with that sender. 

12 hours ago, drh said:

Description says that it doesn't work with OE style gauges that use an ohm only input. I would think that's a problem...but maybe I'm interpreting that wrong.

I’m trying to figure out exactly what ohm only input means.  

I am interested to hear about this as well... My old '07 VLX I gave up on the fuel Guage a long time ago.. I know roughly how much gas we can use in a 2 day weekend and if we are full, we almost can't run it empty. But I just pull the storage tray from under the seat and check the level in the tank. It would be nice to have an accurate and working fuel sender, but with my boat it appears that you would have to to just about disassemble the whole interior to get it out. So I have not done anything about it 

10 hours ago, bboozer said:

I am interested to hear about this as well... My old '07 VLX I gave up on the fuel Guage a long time ago.. I know roughly how much gas we can use in a 2 day weekend and if we are full, we almost can't run it empty. But I just pull the storage tray from under the seat and check the level in the tank. It would be nice to have an accurate and working fuel sender, but with my boat it appears that you would have to to just about disassemble the whole interior to get it out. So I have not done anything about it 

On my ‘07 vRide, I found the wires crimped at the top of the fuel tank were corroded. I replaced them with tinned wire and used heat shrink butt connectors. I replaced about 6 ft of wire.