Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Adding a fuel filter to my 2012 LSV with a 409

I just got my injectors back from cleaning.  The boat is closing in on 1400 hours.  4 weeks ago the motor started to run real rich and I got an injector 5 stuck open.  I dropped the entire fuel rail and all the injectors off to be cleaned.  It took them 2 weeks of soaking and cleaning to get them all back to 100% again.  Every injector was dripping.  So my question is:  Did this happen from old age and slap it together and see if I get another 1400 hours out of them or put an in line fuel filter into the line from the tank because after all this time maybe the tank is getting a little dirty and particles are getting though the in tank filter.  If add a filter does anyone know of a good filter set up to use?  Boat is a 2012 LSV with a 409.

Thanks

Edited by audiofn

You can pull the pump and replace the filter and while the pump is out clean out the tank. I honestly don’t think you are going to find that much crud in the tank, BICBW. 

Edited by wdr
7 hours ago, csleaver said:

There is already an inline fuel filter mounted to the starboard bell housing, near the transmission, between the hose going to the upper fuel rail and the steel line the fuel pump hose connects to.

not on this boat.

On 10/1/2023 at 7:38 AM, audiofn said:

I just got my injectors back from cleaning.  The boat is closing in on 1400 hours.  4 weeks ago the motor started to run real rich and I got an injector 5 stuck open.  I dropped the entire fuel rail and all the injectors off to be cleaned.  It took them 2 weeks of soaking and cleaning to get them all back to 100% again.  Every injector was dripping.  So my question is:  Did this happen from old age and slap it together and see if I get another 1400 hours out of them or put an in line fuel filter into the line from the tank because after all this time maybe the tank is getting a little dirty and particles are getting though the in tank filter.  If add a filter does anyone know of a good filter set up to use?

Thanks

Might think about adding your yr/model to your bio so people know exactly which boat you are talking about. Lots of different stuff over the years.

11 hours ago, 23LSVOwner said:

Might think about adding your yr/model to your bio so people know exactly which boat you are talking about. Lots of different stuff over the years.

You are correct I just added the info to the first post.