Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2022 25 LSV Wave Surfgate Issue-Water over Surfgate/Swim step

WaBackcountry

See picture.  The wave seems ok but my 23 LSV never had the splash of water coming up the opposite side of wave onto swimstep.  I believe it has to do with surf gate.  Possibly surf gate is NOT calibrated correctly I have no idea.  Possibly this is the norm on the 25 LSV.  Research indicates to much rear weight can cause water of surfgate but I tried with rear ballast at 50% and same issue.

In attached picture I have an empty boat, ballast full including rear pnp sacks, wedge position 3 travelling approx 11.5.

IMG_6086.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2023 at 2:36 PM, bamaboy said:

Dude its literally like TMC called me back today.  Spray gate 2.0!!!!!

truly an issue with my OG ‘14 axis snd still one on a 22😂🤣, sorry but tabs rule for this reason, no overweighting the back end of boat with tabs

1 hour ago, granddaddy55 said:

no overweighting the back end of boat with tabs

What you really mean is no underweighting.  It is amazing how much less weight it takes with surfgate compared to tabs.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, wakesonthesnake said:

What you really mean is no underweighting.  It is amazing how much less weight it takes with surfgate compared to tabs.

and the resulting push from that extra weight snd  that tab created list is amazing

the wedge creates more weight so in reality you are weighting the boat down even with smaller locker sacs but you get less length when creating malibu push and resulting height

my comment was how overweighting the  Sg boat means surfgate spray, that makes waves not clean snd less pushy.  

you may be able to get great waves with 450’s piggy to 200-400 tank rears but i had to heavy passenger list cabin and bow a t220 to get a very nice wave that was also long and pushy.  i was very impressed with it but we had to do what tabs do (list) to end up that same height, length snd push

i can take push right out of my boat using the deployed center tab (raising rear end ) creating a lesser weighted boat.  its nice snd mellow but no doubt less push