Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bad boaters

rakr

Took the kids and their nanny for a quick ski after work (before the jokes start, the “manny’s name is Fletcher…). 

one boat on the water, older seadoo. I saw this guy at the launch and thought, “great, he is just going to rip around the somewhat small lake the whole time we are here” (maybe an hour). 

launched, got one kid up skiing and did the lap, counter clockwise lake with a narrow turn at the end, probably 1000’ across at that point. He was sitting about 2/3 of the way “across” so kind of in the boating lane, but not far enough where I would go around him. Sat there the whole time. 

we did two, laps switched kids, so he saw me, or should have seen me 2x. 3rd time I got 3/4 of the way through the turn, where i was probably 200’ away from him, and he got on the gas and started running somewhat parallel, and then turned into me. I beeped, and got off the gas, but he still ended up maybe 30’ or so I front of my bow, throttle up. 

I yelled, “jackass get a book”. got the kid back up, went to his stern, he took a giant swing of what I’m guessing was a 24oz Miller light, and just stared. We finished the ski, picked up the kid, and they swam for a few minutes, I went to the launch tied up and started to get the truck. He motored over to the launch and proceeded to drive 10-15 mph back and forth in front of the launch. 

I couldn’t get out of there fast enough. in hindsight, should have just left it alone, especially with the kids. 

@justgary he was 100% shirtless, couldn’t see his footwear, but somewhat ironically, my wife works for the company that makes Sperry. He did have a real nice tan, and a half assed mullet. If I were to guess, he would have been wearing cutoff jeans, but can’t confirm or deny that one.

you got a link to the story of the Sperry clad shirtless gent?  

42 minutes ago, rakr said:

you got a link to the story of the Sperry clad shirtless gent?  

Sadly (very sadly), I think the story got purged either after a site update or because it was moved to the off-topic forum.  I checked the wayback machine (web.archive.org) but couldn't find it because they couldn't crawl the site properly until about 2016.  The story was told by @Afun some time around mid 2013 or so.  I don't remember laughing so hard at an internet story.

Perhaps we can conjure @Afun to tell the story again.  I'll start popping the popcorn!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

If you go waay back to the beginning it was the wild west on this forum, there have been some great reads. That tan shirtless dude with a beer has been a constant over the years.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, justgary said:

Sadly (very sadly), I think the story got purged either after a site update or because it was moved to the off-topic forum.  I checked the wayback machine (web.archive.org) but couldn't find it because they couldn't crawl the site properly until about 2016.  The story was told by @Afun some time around mid 2013 or so.  I don't remember laughing so hard at an internet story.

Perhaps we can conjure @Afun to tell the story again.  I'll start popping the popcorn!

"I'm a real bad dude".  Priceless!

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Steve B. said:

What a great Malibucrew dude. Definitely missed here, like Doc Phil.

Steve B.

Yup.  Back when every Mastercraft came from the factory with a foot rub, captain's hat, and green shades!

• Haha 3
10 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

hear he still is

I always wondered which type of doctor that he is, to have that much free time for posting on the Malibu Crew.

When I'm sitting in my dermatologist office waiting room at 11:30 for a 10:00 appointment, I can't help but wonder if the doctor is on the internet. Thanks to Doctor Phil. :)

• Haha 2

I like how this thread title is "bad boaters" and we're tagging all these folks.  Might actually be enough to get them to come back wondering why they're being called out in a thread of this name. lol

@Malibudude

@VinRLX

@chathamsolutions

@HRemington

@BaylinerNut

@Henken

@FijiRob

There was a guy banned for religious posts back in the day, those were some fun reads.  Maybe if we bring back the "how much is your house worth thread" they will come back.