Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

No start 2020 Wakesetter 26LSV with LT4

Bluezmax

Hi everybody !

First, let me introduce myself quickly. My friend bought a used 2020 Wakesetter 26 LSV that had the motor replaced for a LT4.

He's asked me to help him with the maintenance of the boat and I had it running pretty good. Had to replace the O2 sensors before the catalytic, clean the plug for the level sensor of the center ballast tank and reset the surf gate that had gotten stuck once. 

However, on the last outing, the red ring on the rear left ballast bag broke and dumped all the water in the engine compartment. He stopped the engine asap and the bilge pump took care of that very quickly but the water got high enough that the belt was splashing water all around there.  He tried to fire it up after but no luck, had it towed home....

I let the boat dry for a few days and went to fire it up. I checked for water in the oil, all good. I checked the fuses on the box that sits on top of the motor and they were fine. I replaced the batteries as they were on their way out anyway and tried again. It cranks but will not start. When I check the diagnostic screen, it shows I have fuel pressure and I could smell the gas after trying to start it for 5 minutes so I'm guessing the fuel pumps are fine but I must not be getting spark. I see each cylinder has it's own coil pack which are all connected to the ECM so no distributor cap that could be wet/oxidized. 

I don't see any faults on the diagnostics screens either. 

I'm thinking maybe there is a crankshaft position sensor plug that got wet/oxidized but not sure where it would be located.

Any idea where I should start to try to get this beast running again ???

Thanks,

Max

The crank position sensor is located at the rear of the engine block on the bank 2 port side near the knock sensor and battery ground cable stud.  If the crank sensor is not working there would be no RefHi (RPM) signal, the fuel injectors would not activate, and there would be no spark. 

I've only personally seen one instance when a crank position sensor failure still produced spark and RPM signal.  It was a very difficult one to diagnose.