Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Change of tacho/Perfectpass to Stargazer :-)

uk_exile

I wasn't completely happy with the look of the existing black bezel tacho/Perfectpass after my upgrade to stainless steel bezel TRD gauges (& Medallion delete). Worked fine but didn't fit the new look so I decided to change to Stargazer to get a stainless bezel.

Really pleased with the look now.   

Pre change https://drive.google.com/file/d/1q09SX5MZoqsfeqaN2Y7cwTx3g1LALFyj/view?usp=sharing

The removed tacho/perfectpass https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q29mvMefCAshhovRlDqsGBIsANW0OHFC/view?usp=sharing

The new look https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vgWnR-pA-GgfKMEah9nQ8Ru8AtBY5Mz_/view?usp=sharing

6 hours ago, Woodski said:

One item to verify, compare old to new tacho readings.  Looks great.  Have a few green mussels for me pls, those things are delicious.

@Woodski Is there a chance the new display could read incorrectly? I know the original tacho/PP needle and LCD appeared to read the same rpm and the wiring at the rear of it was independent for each part so I've assumed new PP will be correct.

Thank you. I'm pleased with the stainless look.

Yep, they're pretty good. Have you visited NZ?

Edited by uk_exile

There is a chance one or even both don't read 'correct'.  My friends LXI ('03) gauges are not the most accurate and my friends '07 RLX gauges don't read accurately.  I wouldn't lay odds on which one is more accurate although I would think it to be easier to have a digital readout read correctly compared to moving a needle on a face.  I don't like to make assumptions, just my nature.

We have visited NZ, both islands, really enjoyed it.  Would come back in a heartbeat.  I was a bit disappointed when the first thing I see stepping in the airport is a McDonalds followed by a Dunkin Donuts.  Those are 2 reasons I travelled away from the states! :lol:   We did a lot of hiking on the south island, some diving on the north and a lap of the harbor including a ride on the '07 Americas Cup winning sailboat.

@Woodski I'm pleased you enjoyed your visits here. 

I'm not to bothered if the new Stargazer RPM isn't within +/-1% tolerance. So long as it gives me  a nice pull :-) Didn't have any issues with the existing paddlewheel system. This change was more cosmetic than anything.

The single line is ok once familiar with it. Still works well.  Our prior boat was 2002 Response LX with PerfectPass version 6.5ng and the multiline display. I agree the multiline is an improvement but really PerfectPass could do with revamping their buttons. Menu = mouse and up = yes and increase and choose and etc really isn't very intuitive. Changing menu system and buttons to says +, -, change, accept might be better. Touch screen maybe? Not sure about touch screens. Some seems good, some not, some not aging well, etc    

Edited by uk_exile